Cab to Park Guell for 8:30AM access to monumental core--timing question?

barb in ga

We are 4 adults traveling on Symphony of the Seas which has a 5AM docking time in Barcelona. This is a port day for us, as we will have boarded in Civitavecchia.

We have 8:30AM tickets for Parc Guell. We will plan to take a cab to arrive by 8:00. Do we try to get a cab right outside the terminal, or is it better to take the port shuttle to Columbus Monument, then get a cab. There will be 3500 guests debarking the ship as Barcelona was their starting point.

From Park Guell we have 11:15 tickets with 1 hour guided tour at Sagrada Familia. We'll spend some time there, then we want to see(outsides only) Casa Mila, Casa Battlo, and others on that block. We'll want to fit in lunch, then take a stroll through Placa Catalunya, and work our way down Las Ramblas.

Suggestions are welcome for morning taxi access as well as after Parc Guell to get to Sagrada Familia.

Lunch ideas welcome as well.

Thanks in advance,

Barb

Edited by barb in ga
add

I would suggest getting the port shuttle bus to Las ramblas, then a taxi, as taxis from the port itself are more expensive. You might also want to bear in mind that it's a long walk from sagrada familia to place catalunya about 30 minutes, so it might be worth using public transport or a taxi.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Thanks. After plotting it out on Trip-it, l have decided to follow your advice by taking the shuttle to Las Ramblas, where we'll get a cab to go to Parc Guell. After our visit to the Parc, we'll get a taxi to Sagrada Familia. When we're done there, we'll work our way back to the port, checking out some of the high points on our list.

We've been to Barcelona once before for 5 days, but it is the first visit for our friends, so I'm trying to cover a lot of ground on our 1 day visit. Any suggestions for a lunch somewhere between Sagrada Familia and Placa Catalunya?

Thanks,

Barb

Be sure to still allow yourself plenty of time using the port shuttle bus. When I was last there on a debarkation day, the line for that shuttle grew fairly long (not as long as the taxis, though) during peak time. I'd estimate there was a busload wait in line, meaning not everyone fit on the current bus and had to wait for the next one. But they come and go fairly frequently. Also, a lot of the people had luggage, so that slowed getting on and off the bus some. You can make the call on that day which line looks best to get in. Both move pretty quickly.