Value Wifi Plan and Hub App on Valor

jbcw66

I have pre-ordered value wifi plan for myself. My husband said he would not use internet that often, and probably would just try Hub text $5 for the sailing. My question is, if I have wifi plan, and want to text him in Hub app, do I need to activate the feature with another $5 payment? Or, the Hub text feature is available to use if we purchased the wifi plan?

We will be on the Valor this weekend. Is the wifi signal strong on the ship? I remember that Carnival announced in summer 2017 that they will boost signals even in staterooms. Anyone has sailed on Valor recently? Thanks.

Like Firemanbobswife says, to HUB chat with each other while on board the ship you both pay 5 bucks for the cruise. The wifi plan is a completely separate thing. It's for communicating off the ship and doing internet things (to whatever extent the package you pick will allow.) You can use the HUB app for everything it does (except chat) for free - you don't need any wifi plan for HUB even if you want to chat -but if you want to chat you must pay the 5 bucks per device to active it.

Like Firemanbobswife says, to HUB chat with each other while on board the ship you both pay 5 bucks for the cruise. The wifi plan is a completely separate thing. It's for communicating off the ship and doing internet things (to whatever extent the package you pick will allow.) You can use the HUB app for everything it does (except chat) for free - you don't need any wifi plan for HUB even if you want to chat -but if you want to chat you must pay the 5 bucks per device to active it.

Both the wi-fi package and Hub App only work on the ship while connected to Carnival wi-fi, though. I think what you are saying is the internet package is so you can communicate with people who aren't on the ship when you are. Just wanted to clarify that because I got confused for a minute :).

Both the wi-fi package and Hub App only work on the ship while connected to Carnival wi-fi, though. I think what you are saying is the internet package is so you can communicate with people who aren't on the ship when you are. Just wanted to clarify that because I got confused for a minute :).

eggzactly! :)

We were on valor in October and both had the hub app and I subscribed to the value internet. The Internet was super slow, but it did work well for iMessage back home with my mom and son. Also for some reason, I was able to text my mom and she got it instantly as our home alarm was going off. I got the alert and videos of my home with no delay. I was able to immediately reply back to her with the info she needed by time the alarm company called her. Now that was fast. We were able to get Facebook posts to go thru but they were not fast. It was worse in the cabin on the second floor. We were also in the cabin when we had the alarm issue, so it does work in the cabin. I mostly posted on Facebook while up on the top decks or on the fifth floor but was able to view my home cameras from the cabin and check emails.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm not tech savvy so I really have no idea how these things work. What is the difference between getting WiFi plan and the HUB? I want to be able to only send a couple of messages home to my daughter and my husband in Saudi. We primarily will communicate through FB messenger. So would getting the Social WiFi plan be the best bet for me? Can I use either of them on my phone or should I take my tablet? Thanks!

Hello, I'm not tech savvy so I really have no idea how these things work. What is the difference between getting WiFi plan and the HUB? I want to be able to only send a couple of messages home to my daughter and my husband in Saudi. We primarily will communicate through FB messenger. So would getting the Social WiFi plan be the best bet for me? Can I use either of them on my phone or should I take my tablet? Thanks!

The Hub is an app you use onboard. If you want to communicate with someone off the ship you will need an internet plan. Social will work for FB Messenger. You can log in from any device that has the Messenger app.

The Hub is an app you use onboard. If you want to communicate with someone off the ship you will need an internet plan. Social will work for FB Messenger. You can log in from any device that has the Messenger app.

TY so much!