do you need the spa pass when in Epic haven?

We have sailed NCL a lot and DH really enjoys the thermal spa. We splurged for the Haven on the Epic (cause its our first time on a BIG ship). Wondering if he will still need the spa pass. In my research I have heard the Epic Haven is the best and that it has some spa rooms- sauna?, steam room?. I believe there are private hot tubs just for Haven but don't want him disappointed. For what its worth we will probably stay on ship in most ports due to mobility and age issues. Thanks for any incite you can give me. :)

We were on the Epic in March in the deluxe owner's suite. We got the thermal spa passes and we were not happy with it. People in there were very loud drinking etc. I think the whole week I got to use a ceramic tile lounger twice. I found that I loved the small fitness center next to my cabin in the Haven. I ended up having my second spa treatment in the treatment rooms located in that area in the Haven.

The walk to the spa and fitness center was very far from the Haven. We didn't mind the walk it just took a while and sometimes when we were trying to squeeze things in it took a dent to the schedule.

I am sure by now you know that you will receive access to posh by being in the Haven on the Epic. We found that very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you booked a Spa Haven Suite you will have to pay for spa passes. First time on the Epic we did the spa cabin and it was nice but this time we chose the forward facing cabin which we really loved. We did not miss the spa as our itinerary was port intensive (Europe) and we spent every day in Posh as we did before just this time without going to the spa. We actually enjoyed the forward enclosed balcony as the windows did slide open more than we thought we would. There are two hot tubs in the Haven area and when everyone has gone ashore it was quiet there. we did have children on our cruise and the adults who used this area had to get someone to speak to the Nannies (yep nannies who also stayed in the Haven I am guessing in the same cabins with the kids and parents next door. There are gym and treatment rooms in the Haven- but my DH and I never did anything but look in or use it as a shortcut. (no ceramic loungers that I saw). We loved that Posh is adults only and the bar staff is quick to remind guests who of course tried to have the kiddos with them. Again Europe was different from the Carribean as there are more guests enjoying this area but it was never crowded. We loved the convenience of the Haven restaurant and the ability to have full room service included as the DH and I are seniors and sometimes we like to just relax. DMH15 has been on the Epic a few times and I think enjoys this ship more than we do.

Unless you booked a Spa Haven Suite you will have to pay for spa passes. First time on the Epic we did the spa cabin and it was nice but this time we chose the forward facing cabin which we really loved. We did not miss the spa as our itinerary was port intensive (Europe) and we spent every day in Posh as we did before just this time without going to the spa. We actually enjoyed the forward enclosed balcony as the windows did slide open more than we thought we would. There are two hot tubs in the Haven area and when everyone has gone ashore it was quiet there. we did have children on our cruise and the adults who used this area had to get someone to speak to the Nannies (yep nannies who also stayed in the Haven I am guessing in the same cabins with the kids and parents next door. There are gym and treatment rooms in the Haven- but my DH and I never did anything but look in or use it as a shortcut. (no ceramic loungers that I saw). We loved that Posh is adults only and the bar staff is quick to remind guests who of course tried to have the kiddos with them. Again Europe was different from the Carribean as there are more guests enjoying this area but it was never crowded. We loved the convenience of the Haven restaurant and the ability to have full room service included as the DH and I are seniors and sometimes we like to just relax. DMH15 has been on the Epic a few times and I think enjoys this ship more than we do.

You are correct, no ceramic loungers in the Haven. That would have been nice.

I was surprised I liked Epic more than I thought I would. The Sun is still my favorite and those two ships are night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums