Breeze with kids....

ShrajoGator

This will be my DS's (10) first cruise. I'm wanting to know what rules you enforce while on cruise with you kids? I want to print a list of rules so he can see them every morning before we leave the cabin. Any help and/or suggestions will be appreciated. TIA!

(I looking for a board for this and could not find one)

When my boys were that age they pretty much stayed with us or were in camp carnival, they were allowed to go to the sports deck when we were out by the pool but they weren’t ever allowed to roam the ship.

Our rules are always pretty simple

Behave like you do at school, no running on the ship, no shouting in the halls and use yes ma’am and no sir to every adult.

The only rule that is different on the ship is never go into anyone’s cabin ever ever ever.

I’m sure your son will love his cruise and the Breeze is one of our favorite ships!

The only rule that is different on the ship is never go into anyone’s cabin ever ever ever.

QUOTE]

This This This!!!! Don’t care who it is, I have this drilled into her head.

And of course the manners and no yelling and screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised with my step-son when he was 10. I believe at his age he could be given permission by us to sign himself out of Camp Carnival. We gave him that permission basically to allow him to do the group camp activities around the ship like the scavenger hunts. Without the ability to sign himself out, he couldn't participate in those activities and would have to stay behind. But we also told him that under no circumstances could he sign himself out for anything other than these camp activities. We did not let him just wander around the ship by himself.

Another rule we instituted for both kids was that they had to try at least one new food at dinner every night (not counting dessert). My step-son is a notoriously picky eater and we thought this was a good way to expand his pallet a bit since everything was included. If he hated something, he was able to get something else. He did discover that he liked BBQ Ribs and a couple other things on this cruise. My step-daughter is better about trying foods in general, but she still found a few new things that she enjoyed.

When I cruised with my 12 year old nephew, he was allowed by his parents to go off on his own on the ship. But they had strict check-in times (pre-Hub app - so he had to check-in in person with mom or dad). They had designated meeting times/locations. And if he missed one of those check-ins or was later than 10 minutes, he would no longer be allowed to venture out on his own.

Cruises are a great opportunity for kids to expand their horizons a bit and try new things and interact with different people. And the Breeze is a wonderful ship (my fave!). I'm sure your son will have a blast!

I have a rule sheet on my laptop, but here is what I remember off the top of my head. We use a buddy system at all times and I only allow independence to children who I know can handle the responsability. I also inspect what I expect.

No crossing the ship through "cabin only" decks

You in nobodys cabin/nobody in yours

When inside cabin, lock the door

Order only what you will finish and remember to tip room service

Remember your manners including elevators (my kids have been trained at home and know what this entails)

Climbing and running only in sports areas

Break the check in agreement and hang with mom and dad for 24hrs, which could be akward at times.

Double points for making a crabby person smile

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I think that rule about never go into anyone's cabin is so wise. Smart thinking for all of the Moms responding.

My grandchild is 7, and she was with us over the fourth of July. We have not been able to convince e her to try Camp carnival yet. She is an only child and stuck pretty close to Mom and Dad. Ww think that one day she will be ready to go.