How are ellipticals in gym on Freedom?

Tatka

Hi fellow cruisers

I exercise in gym every morning using ellipticals for 60-90 minutes

I am not a big sportsman, but have to do this to keep my weight/shape under control.

At home I use TV, or TV on my tablet to take my mind off this monotonous procedure.

Couple of questions:

1) are there enough ellipticals? I will be there at 5:45 or 6 am. Is gym open at this time? On Grandeur it was 24/7

2) Do ellipticals have Yes?

3) is Wi-Fi good in gym as I will have streaming package?

Thank you in advance!

Hi fellow cruisers

I am not a big sportsman, but have to do this to keep my weight/shape under control.

At home I use TV, or TV on my tablet to take my mind off this monotonous procedure.

Couple of questions:

1) are there enough ellipticals? I will be there at 5:45 or 6 am. Is gym open at this time? On Grandeur it was 24/7

Thank you in advance!

I can't speak to the quality of the gym on the Freedom.. It's been a few years since I've been on her.

I will say that RCI gyms on newer, bigger ships (which the Freedom is) and those recently revamped ships have very good cardio equipment.

I can't recall seeing any cardio machines without a TV

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi fellow cruisers

Couple of questions:

Thank you in advance!

We were on the 3/3 to 3/11 sailing on the Freedom and there were plenty of ellipticals available especially as the week went on. The first full morning the gym was pretty crowded at 8:00am, I would think at 6:00am it would be pretty wide open. The last few days when I went to work out there were very small crowds in the gym. The gym itself was in good shape with most of the equipment in good working order, clean and plenty of towels and hand wipes.

As far as the wi-fi, I purchased the Surf and Stream package and I was not impressed with the service. Texting back home on iMessage worked well most of the time, texting pictures and video messages was very inconsistent, and FaceTime would hardly work at all without freezing and locking up. I could not imagine streaming anything, but I did not try. We tried the service with 3 different devices all with the same results.

Thank you very much!

I managed to get a good Wi-Fi at 6 am on Grandeur(pre Voom ship) so I could watch online TV working, but ellipticals were in dark end of gym.

I am exited! Sailing this Sunday.

I honestly don't remember much about TV or entertainment near the cardio machines. What I do remember is that the elliptical I used was dead center looking out a panoramic window as we pulled into port in Marseilles. Best view I've ever had doing cardio. Cruisecritic does have some pictures of the gym and where the ellipticals are placed. https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/freedom-of-the-seas-358/vitality-fitness-center-123433/ We also went early in the morning and, as was mentioned above, it is pretty empty early in the morning. Never had a problem getting a machine I needed and the cardio machines only have 5-8 people at any one time (which included my brother, my dad, and I).