Hotel Miami Airport Area

cincicruisers

hello

We need a hotel for one night in Miami. I have checked all e hotels in Brickell area and they are super expensive. I can stay at a hotel by the airport for significantly less money.

Can anyone give me Info about these hotels?

Hilton Garden

Comfort Suites North

Hyatt Place

Hampton Inn Airport

LaQuinta East

Any information is appreciated.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South-Blue Lagoon pre-cruise for one night in March. The price was reasonable for a one bedroom suite with sofa bed. I would stay there again. There was a free airport shuttle (I called when we got our luggage to make sure they knew where to pick us up) and there were several restaurants and a shopping center in waking distance (they would also shuttle you there if you wanted). That had a free breakfast including make your own Belgian waffles and a couple other hot items. They did also have a contracted shuttle to the port for $10 per person at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm IIRC, but we were ready to go earlier and it was cheaper to use Uber for the three of us on a Saturday morning.

La Quinta East is a budget option popular with cruisers but very isolated - no nearby shopping or dining (except for the restaurant at the Embassy Suites, where dinner will cost about the same as your LQ room rate! :eek:). Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn and others in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood offer a nicer area and a local strip mall with grocery, drug and liquor stores, plus fast food and sit down dining options.

Taxi to POM from any MIA area hotels will be about $30+, or you can Uber/Lyft for about $20 - compare those rates to the per person shuttle charges.

Airport hotels are fine if you are flying in late and just want dinner and a room - but you won't see much/any of Miami and your opportunities for local dining or nightlife are almost zero. :(