Airport Security Question

Acrusa

Wy wife would like to know,whats the best way to carry her jewlery.Should she carry it seperate in a clear plastic bag,and have it scaned?She has read that this might lead people to see what she is carring.She always has used an in side pouch under her cloths.The last time we went thru security,the attenedent made her take it off to inspect it.Any ladies have a suggestion or what they think is the best way to handle this.What has been your expierience.THanks

The female cat put what little jewelry she had in her handbag, and the handbag just passed through the X-ray machine. They couldn't tell the quality and hardly the size and therefore the value of your stones, so normally it should be alright. If your jewelry is particularly valuable, perhaps you should ask your insurance company for advice.

Just remember to make sure that your handbag isn't left unattended on the X-ray machine's conveyor belt. If you're delayed at the metal detector, your purse might emerge from the X-ray machine before you're at the pickup point, and a thief could scoop it up without being noticed. (Having a companion along makes it easier to keep an eye on things.)

I have never had a problem with my jewerly? I have been through with a diamond tennis braclet, my earrings, my engagement ring, other rings and necklace.

I have never set off the machine that you walk through. What kind of stuff is setting it off for your wife? (mine is all white gold, so maybe yellow gold :confused: )

Oh I dont wear a watch, maybe thats why??

I found a nice flat see through zipper bag about 6" by 8". I put the individual peices in little zip lock jewelry bags that the jewelers use...and place them in a larger see throuh zip lock baggy...then into the fore mentioned zipper bag. It works well, I have used this system for several trips now...it fits will in my deep purse that I use for travel. Never had a problem...I do watch carefully, and either take it to the john on the airplane..or have my husband watch it. p.s....I also make an inventory list so that when taking the peices back and forth out of the safe..I can check them off when repacking to go home.

Archived