Posting for Accountability

miraclemet

I guess if Im not the only person who knows Im trying to lose weight, then I'm more accountable so here goes.

Im 29, 5"10" and 210 lbs. Just enough over weight to bother me, so my goal is to lose a minimum of 20 by our 1st cruise (8/22/04 to alaska). I was down to 200 (from 220) last summer while my wife was in Asia for 2 months, but have put 10 of it back on. I did nothing but workout and eat right for those 2 months. So if I can lose 20 in 2 months, I should lose 20 in 4 months no problem, and maybe even hit 180. I want to be lean and mean, and not worry about taking my shirt of at the pool.

The plan: Im using an online website, freetrainers.com, since I cant afford a gym membership/trainer, but luckilly our apartment complex has a basic gym. No "name" diet just watching my caloric intake, and following their 8 week workout plan online and then reasessing my needs after the first 8 weeks.

So tonight is day 1 of the workouts.

8 weeks of weight training

12 week Abdominal Program

45 minute cardio 3x a week (eliptical runner)

I'll let you know as it all progresses. I like the online programs calorie counter too. Im much more aware of what Im eating when I have to go put it in the system online. Already once today I thought to myself "now do I really want to go online and submit that I ate a snickers?" And the answer was NO.

Anyway, just a member of the male minority here online, and you'll be hearing from me again.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Days till we sail the Infinity to Alaska

Welcome!!! Good luck to you! Keep us posted and please join us for our weekly weigh-in on Thursdays. icon_smile.gif

<MARQUEE>icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif</MARQUEE>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Good luck!

I had similiar goals! I'm 40, 5'11' and weighed in at 210+ in December.

Once my wife and I both agreed to work out and reduce carbs was I able to lose weight, even going to the gym. I don't know about you, but if both are not eating the same foods, it was really hard! I weighed in at 182 this morning. 28 pounds ~ not bad! Good luck! PS~ I think of the lowered carb thing as a lifestyle change, just one day at a time. Even though my wife has not stayed on, I have and plan to continue, even through our two upcoming trips>

Welcome guys! My husband doesn't post here, so I'll post for him. He's 5'11" and his highest weight was 198lbs in February. I knew he was starting to pack the pounds, but he was in denial. I started by plan Feb. 16th and cut out potatoes, rice, refined sugars and most pasta. I also drink lots of water! When he saw the weight starting to come off me and that I wasn't depriving myself, he started the same plan (not exactly, but close). He has since lost 23 lbs and is starting to look fantastic!

Having someone to support you is very important! If one of us has the urge to cheat, the other is there with the old "do you really want to eat that?" reminder. It works for us!

Good luck on your plans. Remember to check in on Thursdays!

Lynn

Majesty of the Seas 06/01

Monarch of the Seas 06/02

Explorer of the Seas 05/03

Navigator of the Seas 06/05/04

welcome guys....just a warning, occasionally you will see a little whine that "those men" lose weight faster than we do...don't worry, we still love you and it's not personal, just a bit of that green-eyed monster coming out in us icon_biggrin.gif

good luck and keep us posted

35 down, 186 to go

gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now.....hurry december!!!

kim

scandanavian cruise line 1987

cape canaviral - 1995

carnival jubilee - sept 2002

CARIVAL VALOR - DEC 26, 2004 (2ND VOYAGE FOR HER)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days to go!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Welcome guys!! Bruce and I diet and workout together. Since he doesn't post I'll do it for him. Back in January he found his weight up around 190. He's 5'11" and 54 years old. We bought an exercise bike and started cutting back on carbs. He's now weighing about 182-183 and is quite happy. Good luck to you all and weigh in on Thursdays. Let us know how you're doing. Cathy

bandc.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;06;27;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until our **STAR** search

Seattle to Alaska on NCL Star

June 27, 2004

Fantasy 12/25/03

Inspiration 4/13/03

NCL Majesty 12/27/02

Jubilee 3/23/02

Norwegian Sea 11/23/01

Since my DH doesn't post here either, I'll do it for him also. He's 5'11" and weighed in at around 210 when we started South Beach in January. He's lost 31 lbs and now weighs 179. He looks fantastic! I don't want him to lose any more weight so he's just maintaining now. His exercise is to walk the 18-hole golf course (while golfing) 2-3 times a week. He also has to walk at work a lot.

You guys can do it...it amazes me how much faster you guys lose weight over us women. DH and I have been on the same diet and I actually workout more. He's lost 31 lbs and I've only lost 15. Good luck!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Welcome! Glad to have you with us.

Please weigh-in with us every Thursday.

Keep us posted on how your doing.

We like to hear how everyone is losing.

(we might be a little envious of how fast you lose thro) icon_biggrin.gif

It's good to hear that there is a few men with us in person plus the husbands of some of you.

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi and welcome!! Keep us posted on how you're doing. You're certainly right about accountability! I had to admit I ate that danged pizza tonight...tomorrow is another day! icon_smile.gif

Anyway, welcome.

~Holly

That's weird....I usually weigh my least on Fridays. I've said several times here that we should weigh in on Fridays. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived