NCL Upgraded Internet

Pepowdylan

I was on the Escape last August when they still had the old internet, and it was just fine for social media. I even was able to download a firmware update for my GoPro. It took all night, but it was able to download it... So the new internet I assume would be even faster.

• 3 weeks later...

So just coming off the Breakaway, I can say that my own personal experience is that the Escape's old internet was as fast, if not faster, than what I experienced on the Breakaway last week. Also, if you have a travel internet router for sharing, it may not work. I usually use it so I can use my iPhone and iPad at the same time, and it did work on the Escape last year.. it did not work on the Breakaway.

iConcierge is also as terrible as it ever was, but with a much nicer interface.

-Keith

So just coming off the Breakaway, I can say that my own personal experience is that the Escape's old internet was as fast, if not faster, than what I experienced on the Breakaway last week. Also, if you have a travel internet router for sharing, it may not work. I usually use it so I can use my iPhone and iPad at the same time, and it did work on the Escape last year.. it did not work on the Breakaway.

iConcierge is also as terrible as it ever was, but with a much nicer interface.

-Keith

Internet was absolutely dreadful on both of my Breakaway sailings--to the point of being unusable at times on my second one. Very glad to hear that Escape has newly updated internet and would love to hear more anecdotes from recent cruisers!