Cove Balconies

Tananda

This sounds like a balcony that I would enjoy - seems to be a little more private and closer to the water line. How do I find out which ships have coves? What do you like/dislike about Cove Balconies?

Thanks for your help!

We liked that we were close to the water and it was more private then most of the balconies on the ship. The biggest dislike was that there are cameras hanging down between some of the life boats. I was told the these cameras are pointed along the side ship and do not look in the cabins. But, they can see your balcony or at least part of it. I understand the safety, but that should not interfere with my privacy. I took photos of the cameras. But I have yet downloaded them to my computer. Maybe I will do that sometime this weekend.

This sounds like a balcony that I would enjoy - seems to be a little more private and closer to the water line. How do I find out which ships have coves? What do you like/dislike about Cove Balconies?

Thanks for your help!

Zydecocruiser did a nice review with pics of the Cove balconies. Here is a link to the review http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalDream/coveDummies.htm

:)

Thanks for your help!

Dream, Magic and Breeze. Liked everything about it, being close to the water is great. No dislike.

Thanks for your help!

We are sun seekers.

Coves are generally shaded , with limited sun. There is no sitting out in the sun on them.

We find coves get too much up spray from the ocean leaving the balcony wet.

We personally do not like them but others LOVE them!

We just returned from a cruise on the Carnival Breeze and had a cove balcony. We liked the balcony and really did not feel too close to the water, however, when the seas are rough or percervied to be rough the doors a covered with a water tight door and you cannot access the balcony. This happened twice on our 12 night cruise. The first time the doors were covered the morning after a night of rough seas. Both times we felt it is unnecessary as the seas were not that rough.

We enjoyed ours this summer.

Further forward is better to avoid noise from the kitchens above.

See the link to my video below.

Wow! Fabulous videos - so detailed! I hadn't heard of a cove balcony before. How interesting. I know what you mean about the suite balconies - had one on our last cruise and we're spoiled forever - lol!

Thanks for posting!

Archived