Dining etc on Triumph?

Sandifer

My husband and I are booked on the Triumph in early November for a 5 day cruise. I don't want to sound like a snob but usually we go on Celebrity, which always has nice dining and a nice atmosphere. This time we only had enough time for something close (we live in Texas). We got a very good deal on a balcony cabin. I would appreciate any advice from those of you who have traveled on the Triumph about dining or anything else. From some of the posts I have read, it sounds as if the buffet is less than appealing. Is the best way to avoid that by eating in the dining room? Also, we have Anytime Dining. Will the service be as good without an assigned table? Thanks in advance for any advice.

My husband and I are booked on the Triumph in early November for a 5 day cruise. I don't want to sound like a snob but usually we go on Celebrity, which always has nice dining and a nice atmosphere. This time we only had enough time for something close (we live in Texas). We got a very good deal on a balcony cabin. I would appreciate any advice from those of you who have traveled on the Triumph about dining or anything else. From some of the posts I have read, it sounds as if the buffet is less than appealing. Is the best way to avoid that by eating in the dining room? Also, we have Anytime Dining. Will the service be as good without an assigned table? Thanks in advance for any advice.

We had ATD and found the service to be good. No long waits and our servers were really nice. I likes the food, but can't offer a comparison to Celebrity's. Hopefully someone who has sailed both lines can help you with that. I found the buffet to be "hit or miss". Sometimes it was really good, other times not so much. Only ate dinner at the buffet once, but ate lunch there every day.

I don't think you sound snobby, just like someone who is wanting to know what to expect from a different cruise line :)

Yes you can as we did last Oct. We did not use the buffet much ,as we dined mostly in the MDR and we thought the food and service to be really good,and can only compare to our cruises on RCCL, and thought it to be the same...

Thanks for the reply. Can you get a table for 2 on anytime dining?

We sailed on Triumph last October and really enjoyed the food in the MDR. We also had ATD and never had a problem. The service was a bit hit or miss (some nights slower than others). On our last night we had the BEST server and if we had him the first night we would have requested him each night. If you find a good one, stick with him/her each night if possible. There were quite a few tables for 2 and all party sizes. Our previous cruises were Princess and Disney and we enjoyed the food more on the Triumph for some reason. We are not huge on buffets so we didn't eat there much, once for BF and it was just OK. We did have the pizza and hot dogs for a fast lunch and they were good. I have heard the new Guys Burgers are a great option too. We had the same questions as you this time last year. Hope you have a great cruise...we will be sailing on her again Oct 25.

(You can see my review in my signature below)

We have been on three Celebrity cruise and 3 Carnival cruises most recently the Triumph earlier this month. We ate in the MDR and were very pleased. Celebrity is probably a little better - especially the buffet but you won't be disappointed. Guys Burgers and the Iguana were fantastic for lunch. Also the brunch on Sea Days is very good. No sushi which I miss.

Clay.

I feel reassured. I guess the brunch is open seating, but can you get a table for two? When I sit with other people I feel as though I have to contribute to the conversation, and I am a bit grumpy in the morning or even mid morning. Hopefully I get better as the day goes on

I feel reassured. I guess the brunch is open seating, but can you get a table for two? When I sit with other people I feel as though I have to contribute to the conversation, and I am a bit grumpy in the morning or even mid morning. Hopefully I get better as the day goes on

We just ask nicely for a table by a window. If you are willing to be patient one will open up. We just step aside until one comes up. There is a table area to the right of the seating station where you can chill until seated. Probably only had to wait 15 minutes. At dinner they put us at a table for 4 & removed the other place settings.

Asking nicely goes a long way & we are two old farts :D We have done YTD the last few cruises not set time. Like it a lot.

Some days I don't mind sitting with others at breakfast, but most days I prefer a table for two. My husband knows not to talk too much in the mornings with me.

We're on the Triumph in February, first time since the refurbishment. Looking forward to it. Our cruise on her last November was one of the best cruises I've ever had.

Archived