Partial Charter/Incentive Groups??

Silver Sweethearts

I guess I am having a hard time with responsibility of hospitality company's. I have been on many cruises that were occupied by a group taking 70 to 80 percent of guests. We understand that the dining room was segregated and observation room was off limited unless you were with a certain group. So what... we weren't thrilled but in one case we missed our bus out to St. Michael and the private group offered to give us a ride out there. They only requested we pray and sing regions songs all the way there...

We travel a lot and don't remember any hotels letting us know when they have a convention in the hotel and how many rooms will be occupied by convention guests.

Get over it. Only one who will make out is attorneys.

The old saying "when in Rome" who knows you might get lucky like us and learn some new Bible versus?

As an example, I run a 14 bedroom hotel. I will not allow a wedding party to book an evening function unless they commit to taking at least 10 of the rooms. This makes it viable in that if they take the 10 rooms then we block all of the other rooms out and do not run at a loss. If I booked an evening function that didn’t take the rooms, I would be left with guests that had booked a relaxing weekend away only to find that they they were overrun with wedding guests. Hence we don’t accept the booking. That is my responsibility as a hotelier. I could easily take the quick buck but my conscience won’t allow me to. What a shame others don’t operate the same way.

I’m really pleased that they came through for you carefreecruise. Personally, I feel very cheated by this company that offered me guarantees regarding my 6 star ultra luxury cruise and didn’t deliver what they had promised and continued to both insult me and then threaten my partner when I had the temerity to complain that I had not received what I had paid for.

I Am usually a traveller that takes the rough with the smooth but in this particular circumstance I wanted my very well deserved £10k holiday to be right, sought reassurances and was badly let down. Perhaps SS have dug in their heels because of the negative publicity that they have brought upon themselves by their own failures, but that will not help them in court.

Perhaps that is the difference between a solvent company upholding a reputation and a company of dubious liquidity embarking upon huge expansion plans fighting for every penny that they can get until the takeover is completed.

Despite being described on these boards as a Silversea hater, due to my current disappointment with the company, I would rather describe myself as a disappointed Silversea ambassador that bought into the marketing and hoped to be a cheerleader for the company but has been left with nothing to cheer for.