Hand Luggage weight Question

Hi,

First time on Thomson. Question about the weight restrictions for hand luggage. I understand that your carry-on can be 7kg and have read that they do weigh this (Is this true)? At the airport, do they also weigh women's purses?

It is 7kg for cruise passengers, this will be on your e tickets, and yes they do check and it is only one piece each.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Some check some don't , only way to be sure/safe is to make sure your combined handbag/hand luggage don't excede 7kg so you can ram one inside the other to make it one piece if need be

Flying from Manchester sometimes had hand luggage weighed but only if a trolley dolly never a small hold-all Never weighed my tote/handbag and even Hubble carries a man bag as well as a back pack and never been a problem Also never had a problem at Leeds/Bradford either Flew once from Gatwick and no problem there either having handbag and a cabin bag

You'd be surprised (or maybe not if a regular TUI client) at the number of their employees who are uncertain about hand luggage weight allowances

I've experienced shop staff who had to ask their colleagues about cruises, followed by a discussion, and finally having to consult the small print in the brochure.

Meanwhile Jet2 have 10kg as standard - maybe that's a factor here ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/jet2-named-best-airline-in-uk/

As I said originally it now states the allowances on the e tickets and its clearly stated in the brochure Itw63 asked a simple question and must now be worried with some of the posts, we should not decry check in personnel for doing their job correctly and enforcing the 7kg limit just because some do not yes it would be nice to have consistency but if you stay within the standards you should have no problems

As I said originally it now states the allowances on the e tickets and its clearly stated in the brochure Itw63 asked a simple question and must now be worried with some of the posts, we should not decry check in personnel for doing their job correctly and enforcing the 7kg limit just because some do not yes it would be nice to have consistency but if you stay within the standards you should have no problems

Why should the Op be confused with some posts, nobody has said to ignore the 7kg limit, quite the opposite really,you ignore it at your peril ,all thats been stated is what can and does happen in real life

As said 7kg is the limit for hand baggage but on my last cruise every woman in the queue had a handbag as well and all was ok both at Manchester and Palma

Hi Vitalsign

Hands up. I was one who had flight bag plus handbag which fitted inside and was under 7kg (just). I was more concerned (as was the Captain and Crew) at Palma about the carry on cases. How many were actually under 7kg? Captain was not happy that they had not been weighed at check-in.

Yes Skioncruises I wonder how many were overweight but after 25 days not surprising And what chaos for the plane captain and crew when they couldn't get them all in the overheads along with the lithium battery fiasco wheelchairs but everyone got away with it

We always take a portable weigher and when my trolley dolly was 7kg everything else went in my tote/handbag and that weighed 5 kg but did go under the seat We did pay for an extra 5kg hold luggage so both cases weighed just under 23kg and were marked heavy!!!

Well said I believe anyone over a certain weight should be forced to pay for premium seats it is so unfair when you have paid to select your normal seat to be found sitting next to someone who hasn't paid and weighs 18st plus and needs the seat belt extension

Well said I believe anyone over a certain weight should be forced to pay for premium seats it is so unfair when you have paid to select your normal seat to be found sitting next to someone who hasn't paid and weighs 18st plus and needs the seat belt extension
[emoji106]

Oh dear Vitalsign. This subject has just brought back memories of our recent 9 hour flight to Montego Bay. I sit in the middle seat (DH likes the window) and had the misfortune to have a rather large person in the aisle seat. They could not sit straight in the seat and the armrest between us would not go down properly hence I had company on my seat for the whole journey despite pushing down the armrest at every opportunity. Their hip/thigh must have been well bruised or at least sore. Don't think they joined us on the TA or, if they did, it was only for the first week.