Assistance from other Athletes & Weekend Warriors

xover

Since this is my first cruise (Navigator-7/10/04), will I be able to sustain my intense physical regimen? I plan to play basketball, getting several massages, working out with free-weights. How do I sustain these rigorous programs and not really miss out on the extras the cruise offers? I'm speaking of "Cruise time only" not during the times we are docked.

Are these three activities very heavy in participation? Is there a lot of waiting to participate in these activities?

Xover

Working out with free weights depends when you plan on doing it. If very early or late no waiting.

Basketball depends on who is cruising that week sometimes it is busy, other times not very busy.

Messages depends when you book. Port days are cheaper if you can get back early.

Will you miss other things, yes and no. It depends on what you like to do. Roller balde, watch shows ect. You can always go on another cruise. There is just to much stuff to fit everything in on one trip.

Welcome to the boards xover.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

You do find yourself trying to fit it all in to a day. However, if you are a morning person like myself you'll be just fine! I seldomly have to wait to use equipment and there is always the outside jogging track. That gets busy mid morning, but if you go around 7 - 8:30 you should not have a problem. This does get harder and harder to do as the week goes by and you get more relaxed, though.

This is your first cruise so you may not want to miss any of the ports. However, one of my favorite days on a cruise is the one day I pick to spend the entire a.m. on the ship while everyone else is on land. You have the entire ship to yourself. I use this time to have a stress free workout. My "at home" life is so busy that my workouts are always tainted by the fact that as soon as I'm done I have so much else to do. That in and of itself creates stress which the workout is supposed to relieve. I spend this morning at port with the equipment to myself, moving at my pace and not having a care in the world. As you workout you can look out and observe the beautiful port, etc....It's the most tranquil type of day. Give it a try!! You'll always have your afternoon free....

Archived