WC in 2021

Aquadesiac

• 2 weeks later...
What an adventure we had on board the Pacific Princess for 94 glorious days! We're still thinking of another WC in 2021, but if the opportunity presents itself earlier, we would't say no!

We did the 2015 WC on Sun Princess, which was a bust. Should have done the PP from Los Angeles, but the dates didn't work.

For 2020, we are considering the Viking Ocean 2020 WC - LA to London. It is actually a segment, being the 2nd half of a 245 day WC - London to London. While the base fare may appear high, check out the included benefits, which are enhanced this month - free gratuities, free drinks, free shore-ex each port, free business class airfare, $3,000 USD OBC pp ++++

I have looked with longing at the Viking itinerary, and the all-inclusive nature of the fares does make it more attractive. But we are not drinkers (some of my meds won't work and play well with alcohol and the DH has maybe a glass of wine a month), so we'd be paying handsomely for something we won't use.

But Viking's emphasis on cultural immersion and the fact that they have a recommended reading list to go with their ports of call makes me think I'd really enjoy the ambience on board.

Let us know how you like it!

We did the 2015 WC on Sun Princess, which was a bust. Should have done the PP from Los Angeles, but the dates didn't work.

Can you tell us what it was about the 2015 World Cruise on the Sun Princess that made it a bust?

Can you tell us what it was about the 2015 World Cruise on the Sun Princess that made it a bust?

I have detailed daily reports and summaries in our travel blog, but for a quick summary:

- Meals - poor quality meats, frequently served cold, menus repeated every segment

- Entertainment - rather than Princess singer/dancers they hired a private company. Productions shows were rubbish, but the entertainers coming on for the week were normally good

- Entire WC was really 4 segments, no real feeling of being on a WC

- Ship - old & seriously run down. Resembled an old Greek tramp ship. Lots of leaks & rust.

- Photographers - way too obtrusive and even Customer Service Manager couldn't fix

- Princess standards, which started declining after being purchased by Carnival, for us have hit rock bottom. Way to much nickle & dimming.

I have detailed daily reports and summaries in our travel blog, but for a quick summary:

- Meals - poor quality meats, frequently served cold, menus repeated every segment

- Entertainment - rather than Princess singer/dancers they hired a private company. Productions shows were rubbish, but the entertainers coming on for the week were normally good

- Entire WC was really 4 segments, no real feeling of being on a WC

- Ship - old & seriously run down. Resembled an old Greek tramp ship. Lots of leaks & rust.

- Photographers - way too obtrusive and even Customer Service Manager couldn't fix

- Princess standards, which started declining after being purchased by Carnival, for us have hit rock bottom. Way to much nickle & dimming.

Thanks for the specifics, I appreciate them.