upsell fairy with pathetic offer

golfadj

Just got a call from the infamous upsell fairy on our Dec 14 Dream cruise.

Balconies were sold out but apparently had a cancellation.

Wanted $ 350 total to move us from inside to balcony on deck 9 (near where we were last year on the Dream.

Told him way to much and offered half and he kind of laughed and said bye.

Looking soon after at website saw that I could move my inside from deck 2 to deck 9 for total of $ 40 and grabbed that.

On recent cruises with balconies we were not on it all that much to justify 350.

Last year we upselled ourselves from inside to balcony for $ 300 and in retrospect was not worth it.

Looking soon after at website saw that I could move my inside from deck 2 to deck 9 for total of $ 40 and grabbed that.

On recent cruises with balconies we were not on it all that much to justify 350.

Last year we upselled ourselves from inside to balcony for $ 300 and in retrospect was not worth it.

If you aren't a balcony person then it wouldn't be worth it at that price. My favorite part of the cruise is relaxing on the balcony, preferably an aft one. I spend hours out there, even on port days.

Good deal, enjoy your cruise. :)

Good for you! Have a great cruise :)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

$350 is a lot - almost another cruise. I would have stayed put as well. I don't care for the balcony rooms on Carnival because of the doors and people slamming them. Peace and quiet is more important to me.

If it would have been on Celebrity where they have the sliding glass doors, then I may have considered it.

I think you made the right decision.

$350 is a lot - almost another cruise. I would have stayed put as well. I don't care for the balcony rooms on Carnival because of the doors and people slamming them. Peace and quiet is more important to me.

If it would have been on Celebrity where they have the sliding glass doors, then I may have considered it.

I think you made the right decision.

Am curious what my wife will think when she gets home from work later. She does spend more time than I do on the balcony.

How long is your cruise? $350 on a 5 day cruise isn't worth it, but on an 8 day trip your opinion might be different.

From what port are you departing? If it is New York or Baltimore than a balcony isn't worth it. From San Juan it is a different story.

We are balcony people. Having said that, when a balcony wasn't an option on our recent 4 day Ecstasy cruise we "survived."

How long is your cruise? $350 on a 5 day cruise isn't worth it, but on an 8 day trip your opinion might be different.

From what port are you departing? If it is New York or Baltimore than a balcony isn't worth it. From San Juan it is a different story.

We are balcony people. Having said that, when a balcony wasn't an option on our recent 4 day Ecstasy cruise we "survived."

7 days out of Canaveral.