upsell fairy with pathetic offer

golfadj

While I would not take that offer either, still doesn't make it pathetic. It boils Down to what someone is willing to pay, the fact you are willing to shell out for any kind of suite would be considered pathetic to some people. Not everyone wants, or is willing to pay, for a suite, or a balcony, or an OV.

You are right..pathetic is not the word i should of used:o...to us it is a choice and by choice we passed on the offer.

I agree with you on passing on the offer, I would have as well

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I think I would have turned that down as well. That's almost the cost of another person going along for us. I was able to upgrade to a balcony for $221 on our cruise for next week (with NCL) and I took it, but I'm still doubting myself over the "extra" cost. :o

I used pathetic as a hook to get people to comment on upsells good and bad but not to comment on the usage of the word.

I had heard that John Heald was on cruise critic. Nice to meet you!

I kid, I kid.

Edited by arush5268d

LOL but do believe he is a member.

I have no idea if he is or not. I suspect he is too busy fielding all the stupid requests that people hound him with.

I know he gets a lot of grief from people (some deserved but most of it isn't) but I don't know how he does everything that he does - even with a couple of assistance.

He is probably the single best thing that the 'brand' has going for it now.

I have no idea if he is or not. I suspect he is too busy fielding all the stupid requests that people hound him with.

I know he gets a lot of grief from people (some deserved but most of it isn't) but I don't know how he does everything that he does - even with a couple of assistance.

He is probably the single best thing that the 'brand' has going for it now.

Do think he crosses the line when he insults Carnivals customers, whether deserved or not.

Oops :o I missed this post so I repeated the same sentiments but not as well.

This is only true if the sole cost of a cruise is the actual cruise price.

With transportation (Air, car rental, parking etc), hotels, on and off board purchases etc etc, the actual cruise price

only makes up a third to less then half of our cruise costs. Therefore the "cruise 3x a year VS 2x in an OV or balcony" is not true for most.

The cost of Air alone has been roughly the cost of our cruises and that's for a cheap restricted ticket vs a balcony cabin !

Even those who live at/near the post have other costs.

Unless you get dropped off at the port, take off all tips and don't buy a thing ,this calculation is false.

Exactly what I was thinking. The upgrade to the balcony would have been a small increase to the cost of the vacation. I know several have said they can do without a balcony. I am the opposite, I just can't see cruising without one. For me the balcony is why I cruise. Otherwise why be on a boat?

Exactly what I was thinking. The upgrade to the balcony would have been a small increase to the cost of the vacation. I know several have said they can do without a balcony. I am the opposite, I just can't see cruising without one. For me the balcony is why I cruise. Otherwise why be on a boat?

If the balcony was large enough for a few lounge chairs would probably have taken the upsell.

Two small and regular chairs just not enough.

If the balcony was large enough for a few lounge chairs would probably have taken the upsell.

Two small and regular chairs just not enough.

I agree. I always sailed with a balcony and couldn't imagine ever being without it. Until I discovered my favorite OV 2470. I am claustrophobic big time so I'm not sure I could swing an inside, but if it meant being on the ship vs not, I would medicate myself into a coma at night if need be :)

Now I can't justify the extra money for a balcony vs OV. I actually refused a free upgrade from my OV to balcony. That's how much I love it. Plus being on the 2nd deck is wonderful. I'll never go back to a standard balcony. And this coming from someone that thought she couldn't live without one. Going on cruise number 3 in OV next month!

I agree. I always sailed with a balcony and couldn't imagine ever being without it. Until I discovered my favorite OV 2470. I am claustrophobic big time so I'm not sure I could swing an inside, but if it meant being on the ship vs not, I would medicate myself into a coma at night if need be :)

Now I can't justify the extra money for a balcony vs OV. I actually refused a free upgrade from my OV to balcony. That's how much I love it. Plus being on the 2nd deck is wonderful. I'll never go back to a standard balcony. And this coming from someone that thought she couldn't live without one. Going on cruise number 3 in OV next month!

We cruise to cruise so not worth spending a lot more for balcony. When we have inside we just leave light on in bathroom as night lite.

We cruise to cruise so not worth spending a lot more for balcony. When we have inside we just leave light on in bathroom as night lite.

Not worth it to us either. We do not cruise to sit in the cabin, we like to be out and about. Only use the cabin for sleeping and showering. We also leave light on in bathroom. If I ever want to get a glimpse of the outdoors, I turn on the television to the channel that shows the front of the ship.

I don't know if I would ever want a balcony cabin, even if it was cheaper. I hear so many talk about slamming doors and loud neighbors with the balcony rooms. However, I do like ocean view cabins. No doors slamming and never had a problem with noisy neighbors there.