Formal nights on Alaskan Cruise....anyone care to reply? Thanks

bill & jac

All of this talk about sweaters and lumberjack shirts and sweats is making me really chilly! Why is it so cold inside the ship?

It isn't cold "in" the ship but it is chilly walking outside. We frequently walked after dinner to "walk off" some of the food excesses.

Having done two Alaska cruises, I can honestly say it is much more casual than other cruises, even European. You are on a lot of physical excursions and I think everyone is too tired to dress up. As long as you are clean and presentable, it's good.

Sue

This is from the Celebrity website:

Evening Chic

Ladies: Cocktail dress, skits, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Gentlemen: Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater. Optional - sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

Speciality Restaurants (Including Blu for our AquaClass Guests)

The dress code at Celebrity's Speciality Restaurants is 'Smart Casual and Above' for every night of your cruise. Evening Chic attire is only required in the main dining room on your "Evening Chic" evenings.

After reading reviews here on the Alaska threads, I will likely do a more dress down dinner wear as will my DH. It will save so much room in our suitcase for our layered clothing for the cruise as well as our week long post cruise stay in Washington. No sport coat or dressy dresses for us this cruise.

For our Alaskan cruise last year on the Solstice my husband brought a nice button down shirt and tie. I wore cocktail dresses. We normally do a tux and gowns at least once a cruise for other itineraries but our TA told us that it was much more casual in Alaska. We were plenty dressed up so no need to bring a tux or gown if you don't want to do so.

Just off Solstice. I wore slacks and a "dressy" t-shirt type top (ie beads). Husband wore long sleeve collared shirt and slacks. But people, even on chic night, were all over the place from cocktail dresses to jeans and hoodies. No one said anything.

Hello,

Heading to Alaska July 18. I surely can't be the only person who wonders if there are formal nights onboard.

I'd be grateful just for one reply. Thank you so much x

Have you checked out FAQ’s on Celebrity website? There are no Formal Nights.

King