Africa safari and cruise

ClaudiaF

Has anyone done this cruise and how was it? Looking into Africa safari and cruise to So. Africa and Seychelles if they will be doing this itinerary in 2006.

How was the safari part/ was it a ship pre- or post reserve etc.

Thanks

We were in Kenya and Tanzania a few years ago on a safari through A&K, not Seabourn. Find out who their tour operstor is -- the other good one is Micato. It can make all of the difference in your game viewing experience -- safety, knowledge of the animals' habits and how to be in the right spot at the right time , and most of all relaible vehicles ( a critical facotor where roads are more rut than road.) I call Amboseli the garden of eden -- great elephant viewing ith , if you are lucky , a great view of Kilimanjaro( make sure you do not call it "Mount" Kilimanjaro, that is redundant.. The Masai mara ( or north Serengeti, my favorite) is a vast plateau that especailly during the fall migration when we were there is teeming with millions of animals (do try to take a balloon ride when you are there). I did not think much of the Norfolk Hotel, given it's history and status in Nairobi-- but that is just me. We also spent a few weeks in South Africa and Zimbabwe and are plotting a trip to Botswanna( squeezed in between Seabourn trips). There are two truisims were were told before we went to Africa -- when you return to the states you will never want to visit an animal in a zoo again and you will never complain about the roads!!!

Does anyone know if on the 3 day (or whatever it is) Seabourn safari option (pre or post cruise) if they fly you to the actual game reserve lodging or do you have to take a vehicle to get there? Thank you!

Archived