Ideas on what to do in Tampa?

Love2travel4

Will be staying in Tampa Saturday night prior to our Sunday cruise. We will be at Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point, Our flight gets into Tampa at 12:50pm, so we will have a good portion of the afternoon and evening to explore. Suggestions on shopping, restaurants or anything to do at the hotel?

Thanks!

IIf it were me, I'd stop at the aquarium where Winter, the dolphin from Dolphin Tale lives. I practically live at our local aquarium and my kids do as well, so our opinion is slightly biased. I'm wondering if you'd have time though seeing it's aSunday.

IIf it were me, I'd stop at the aquarium where Winter, the dolphin from Dolphin Tale lives. I practically live at our local aquarium and my kids do as well, so our opinion is slightly biased. I'm wondering if you'd have time though seeing it's aSunday.

Winter is at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Clearwater Beach, Fl., it's a short drive from Rocky Point, great beach and some real great places to eat.

Winter does not live at the Tampa Aquarium. She's in Clearwater. Still very doable from Rocky Point though. If you'd like to get an early start on your beach time you could head to Clearwater beach. There are vendors up and down the pier, gorgeous sunset views, nice white sand. Plenty of casual to nicer dinner options as well. THEN go get cleaned up & head to Ybor. It doesn't really get going til at least midnight anyway. Unless things have changed drastically since college.

Columbia in YBOR is an amazing restaurant, best salad Ive ever had. Channelside, which is at the port of Tampa, is a much better night stop than YBOR though. I think it is cleaner, safer, and less trashy. Best thing in Ybor anymore is GameTime, which is a large indoor gaming bar.

Bahama Breeze next door, go have some Rum runners.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

If you don't want to travel, Bahama Breeze is a great place to eat. We have stayed at the HIE Rocky Point 3 times, great place to stay with great staff.

It all depends on your interests. I really like Busch Gardens and would probably go there. // The Tampa aquarium I hear is reallly quite nice too.

Clearwater is a ways away, but less than an hour -- great beach and if you're a big Dolphin Tale movie fan, you could go to the converted sewer treatment plant and visit the little aquarium (not a fancy place, but they do do great work there).

I second this idea! I will be in Tampa in October and this is my second priority must do before my cruise. My first is meeting the medic that saved my cousins life in Iraq.

Colombia in Ybor definitely!!! The salad, cubans, sangria and black beans and rice are AMAZING!!!! Shopping wise there is Hyde Park which has nice boutique shops. Also, there is the International Mall with great shops (Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Dillards, etc.) plus it has good restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory. There is another mall down the street from there called the Westshore Mall which is also nice. Both of these malls are a hop skip and a jump away from the Tampa airport.

Plus, there is Channelside which is where the cruise ships dock. There is a movie theater there and some good restaurants. The aquarium is right next door to it too.

It all depends on your interests. I really like Busch Gardens and would probably go there. // The Tampa aquarium I hear is reallly quite nice too.

Clearwater is a ways away, but less than an hour -- great beach and if you're a big Dolphin Tale movie fan, you could go to the converted sewer treatment plant and visit the little aquarium (not a fancy place, but they do do great work there).

HIE Rocky Point to Clearwater Marine Aquarium is 16.21 miles and appox. 25 mins MAPQUEST.

Ybor is a LONG way away from Rocky Point. At Rocky Point you are closer to Clearwater Beach. If you don't want to travel there is a Bahama Breeze and a Green Iguana beach club right next door. Or a short taxi ride to International Mall with all their upscale shops and restaurants.

Archived