Viator excursions ~ Freeport

jadedhart

Anyone have experience with Viator tours in Freeport? Specifically the Lucayan National Park excursion.

I really want to see Lucayan but I’m a little nervous to sign up for this excursion for a few reasons:

1. We will only be in port from 7 to 1:30. With the park being approx 45 mins away. Is this doable in the time allotted?

2. Viator guarantees return on time to make departure or will get you to your next port of call. Freeport is the last port before home. So does this mean if we miss the ship they’ll get us home?

3. This is my first cruise and I’m a little anxious about missing the ship. Carnival does not offer an excursion for this park though.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone have experience with Viator tours in Freeport? Specifically the Lucayan National Park excursion.

I really want to see Lucayan but I’m a little nervous to sign up for this excursion for a few reasons:

1. We will only be in port from 7 to 1:30. With the park being approx 45 mins away. Is this doable in the time allotted?

2. Viator guarantees return on time to make departure or will get you to your next port of call. Freeport is the last port before home. So does this mean if we miss the ship they’ll get us home?

3. This is my first cruise and I’m a little anxious about missing the ship. Carnival does not offer an excursion for this park though.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not done a tour with Viator, so I can't help you with them. But, I would call/email and ask about the schedule for the tour given your port schedule.

Also, Carnival does have an excursion for this park. It's called the Freeport Kayak and Nature tour. This tour does not go into the caves, though, as the one you mentioned does. We have done this Carnival tour and enjoyed it greatly. The kayak trip was really fun, and the beach was great. Lunch was ok; deli style sandwiches do hit the spot after the kayak and nature walk.

We may be interested in the Viator listed tour also, and we have the same port schedule you do. When is your cruise? We are going in Aug. Please report back anything you learn.

Viator is a tour aggregator - they don't do any tours themselves. Try to find out who actually conducts the tours and book directly with them - you can usually get it cheaper and find out information easier than going thru a third party

Viator is a tour aggregator - they don't do any tours themselves. Try to find out who actually conducts the tours and book directly with them - you can usually get it cheaper and find out information easier than going thru a third party

I'd like to do the same. If you can find anyone please post. I do not want to go with 50 other people off the ship.