Wine pacake discount

maxsales

Well it's probably no surprise but the Celebrity web site is less than informative on the wine discount program. They give you a price per person but nowhere is a list of the wine available on the program.

So who out there has purchased the program and can explain how it works and what wines are included.

Thanks in advance

Well it's probably no surprise but the Celebrity web site is less than informative on the wine discount program. They give you a price per person but nowhere is a list of the wine available on the program.

So who out there has purchased the program and can explain how it works and what wines are included.

Thanks in advance

maxsales - try connecting through this LINK to get to the information you need. I think it may require you to input your reservation information to get to your planner. From my experience on NCL (not exactly same), but I believe it is close... you had a menu selection of wine varieties in several different price points. For example, if it was $150 for 5 bottles in the premium category, you could select which ever bottles you wanted from that category and also from the lesser categories. What I found is that certain varietals on the selection menu would be "unavailable" for that cruise I was on. I did find others that were available and to my liking when I drank them, but still disappointing to not know what would be available in advance of your cruise. I suspect you could do this once you are on the ship and are able to see what will be available to you on your specific cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

maxsales - try connecting through this LINK to get to the information you need. I think it may require you to input your reservation information to get to your planner. From my experience on NCL (not exactly same), but I believe it is close... you had a menu selection of wine varieties in several different price points. For example, if it was $150 for 5 bottles in the premium category, you could select which ever bottles you wanted from that category and also from the lesser categories. What I found is that certain varietals on the selection menu would be "unavailable" for that cruise I was on. I did find others that were available and to my liking when I drank them, but still disappointing to not know what would be available in advance of your cruise. I suspect you could do this once you are on the ship and are able to see what will be available to you on your specific cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hey Walter good to here from you! Remember we sailed together on the Constellation TA?

I tried inputting my info on the cruise planner and it is basically the same info. Could not find a list of the wines offered. So how can they put a price per person if you don't know the wines or their pricing per bottle. I was hoping someone on the boards would have a list from a prior cruise.

Hey Walter good to here from you! Remember we sailed together on the Constellation TA?

I tried inputting my info on the cruise planner and it is basically the same info. Could not find a list of the wines offered. So how can they put a price per person if you don't know the wines or their pricing per bottle. I was hoping someone on the boards would have a list from a prior cruise.

As I recall, the "price per person" is an error. It is still a price per package, unless there is something new in the last few weeks.

Ken

pancake

No, I think "package".

Since we never buy a beverage package, we have done the wine package several times.

There are several levels - rising in price as the supposed quality of the wine increases.

We have always been happy with the basic level (we're cheap dates :)

Anyway, we start with 3 because we never know, in a week, exactly how much we want to drink. When we have increased to 5 bottles, it was never a problem (except once, but that was a really weird thing that happened)….anyway, we would start on the first night picking a red and a white from the list, we'd have them open both, we'd drink what we wanted, they would seal them up for the next night...and when one or the other ran out we'd order more.

I can't tell you what wines were on the list because there is a LOT to choose from. But if you don't want to be over whelmed choosing the first night at dinner, you can get the menu from the wine bar on board, you can peruse that and be ready to order when you get to dinner.

Any other questions I'll be glad to help.

No, I think "package".

Since we never buy a beverage package, we have done the wine package several times.

There are several levels - rising in price as the supposed quality of the wine increases.

We have always been happy with the basic level (we're cheap dates :)

Anyway, we start with 3 because we never know, in a week, exactly how much we want to drink. When we have increased to 5 bottles, it was never a problem (except once, but that was a really weird thing that happened)….anyway, we would start on the first night picking a red and a white from the list, we'd have them open both, we'd drink what we wanted, they would seal them up for the next night...and when one or the other ran out we'd order more.

I can't tell you what wines were on the list because there is a LOT to choose from. But if you don't want to be over whelmed choosing the first night at dinner, you can get the menu from the wine bar on board, you can peruse that and be ready to order when you get to dinner.

Any other questions I'll be glad to help.

You were correct I meant package, sorry for the typo but I didn’t know how to correct.

Thanks for the info. So basically as I understand your explanation you choose the number of bottles and then select from a pre determined list based on the level you selected. So in your experience was the package savings worth based on the actual wines you were able to select vs. the price you would have paid if you just selected them ala Carter?

You were correct I meant package, sorry for the typo but I didn’t know how to correct.

Thanks for the info. So basically as I understand your explanation you choose the number of bottles and then select from a pre determined list based on the level you selected. So in your experience was the package savings worth based on the actual wines you were able to select vs. the price you would have paid if you just selected them ala Carter?

Yes, that is correct. There would be no point in doing it if there wasn't a financial savings, you'd just order the bottles you want. And the savings on 5 is better than the savings on 3.

anybody else have a comment here?

Yes, that is correct. There would be no point in doing it if there wasn't a financial savings, you'd just order the bottles you want. And the savings on 5 is better than the savings on 3.

maxsales - what I tried to describe, and warmwinds did better, is correct. You get volume discounting on the wine package based on the more bottles you buy. The category lists have a reasonable selection; however, every varietal in each category may or may not be available on your cruise. I would wait till on the ship to make the decision so that you know what is (or is not) available.

Also, if you happen to have the Premium Alcohol Package, I believe the per bottle discount is 20% off the menu price. If you happen to have that drink package, and depending on how many bottles you want to buy, that might be an option for you as well.

Happy cruising!