Live review from Enchantment of the Seas (Feb 26 - March 2)

At the Detroit airport ready to board. Haven't flown American in years due to some issues with them around disability access. Fingers crossed we have a smooth trip. Can't wait to get this party started!f215b52bade9891ee6cb5f035732c39a.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Somebody stuck a really ugly blue back pack with your stuff! Just kidding, looking forward to reading the rest, I'll be trying Enchantment for the first time in Sept.

Day 3: slept in until the captain's announcement we had docked in Nassau. Headed up to WJ at 10:30 (they closed at 11am), but they had already pulled the GF section. Luckily, found Tamil and he made me GF veg Indian breakfast, plus some hashbrown action.

I have chronic pain, and today was a high flare day, so sat most of the midday in the Solarium, which was pretty much empty. I will say my one big issue with the Enchantment is accessibility of the Pool Deck. ADA compliant, yes (one pool and one hot tub do have motorized lifts to get you on and out, but not of the hot tubs have railings to help you down the steps into them (and all are up steps to start with), and alllll of the pools have side ladders, rather than ramps or even walkable stairs. As someone who isn't a wheelchair user but has had 5 knee surgeries and a hip surgery, this means I really can't use any of the pools and the hot tubs at really scary to get in and out of, even with my partner. I definitely prefer the pools and hot tubs on the Voyager and Freedom class ships. Much more *actual* accessibility, and I plan to write Royal about this.

Took a nap, and then dinner. Got a salad with no meat, a GF version of the mushropm risotto and the panacotta. It was all solid, but not as good as some things I have had. Partner had the short ribs; said it tasted a lot like pot roast. He loved the cookie and ice cream. Which was more like a brownie.

It is raining now, so debating between the entertainer show (last night's Screen to Stage was a bit disappointing) or checking out Crooked House on the big screen if the rain abates.

Tomorrow is CocoCay, and am hoping we are able to tender!3a4ddd710fa2939c12472d2d4b4459b7.jpg963ab65126440b6e70dbc863b456fee1.jpg3acb3f2808a449b4723f405c2d0ed34f.jpg37c6bddf47fd4ba63132df49b7993ea0.jpg51cbfb00774d6208b6c17f78a01727fa.jpg539563a299c0e267df2eb195e0af4789.jpg

What a great thread. Thanks for the pics. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Yikes, your cabin looks a little worn and that stain on the sofa would keep me off the sofa.

You are welcome!

A little worn yet, but not too bad (the bathroom is the most rough). I will say our amazing room attendant (who just switched to this side of the ship) covered it with a sheet theb first night, and had it shampooed by 2pm day 2. So much better!

Apologies, didn't get shots of the menu tonight. I had the beet and orange salad, the green Moroccan lentil soup, the veggie Korma and creme brulee. Partner had the coconut shrimp (he said this was fantastic!), the strip loin, and a pavlova. Parade of waiters and cooking staff was super fun.

I had ordered a salad for lunch on CocoCay, but we had some massive issues with accessibility about which I need to write headquarters. Despite filling out my special needs form and double checking that I cannot climb stairs, the ship to shore tenders all had stairs and you physically could not get to CocoCay if you, like me, uae a cane and cannot easily walk up/down stairs at all. After a bit of a frustrated cry, I ate in Windjammer instead at the GF buffet and sat by the Solarium pool (that I also can't get into).

Packing our luggage up now and getting ready to put it out in the hallway. Ordered breakfast for the main dining room for tomorrow. Wheelchair disembarkation folks are to meet on deck 4 between 8 and 8:30.

Any important last questions before I leave the ship? Will share final thoughts once I have more regular signal.71ae44dd07229f8e7299d2896eccd21c.jpg9fe68e92a50b079c6d8e920c9cfe47aa.jpg45a682db12886f394ea3ec9bc1c68f50.jpg673d9674bf1e7e261c5712b60afb5ad0.jpg59d5f08101af5bde2b08edcfb0d5c976.jpgb8b6b809446997a919ae04043a222ffa.jpg

Oy. Still stuck on board. Showed up at 8:15 for the wheelchair supported disembarkation. There were 50 or so people, but despite us filling out the special needs forms and/or talking to guest services, the official list only had 4 names. People (myself included) are frustrates2. Most of us have been waiting over an hour, and the crew person in charge disappeared over 30 minutes who so we can't even ask questions. Good thing our flight isn't till 1:30 pm, but they can't flip this for new passengers until all of us who are stuck in R Bar are finally off the ship.

Posted a message on FB. We'll see what happens. Overall, this ship has the best crew for us to date and we like the size, but given the access issues with the pools, the tender, and now leaving the bloody ship, not sure we would return.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your review. I’m so sorry for your trouble. I hope you hear from Royal.

I’m also gf and vegetarian. Is there a printed Indian menu for MDR dinner?

• 2 months later...