Vegetarian on Crystal

Netta7

We are traveling on Crystal in December with our young adult sons. One of them is a strict vegetarian and prefers his food very healthy with whole grains, limited or no butter, cream and sugar, etc. What can a health food vegetarian expect on Crystal? If he will starve, I still have time to rebook :)

Thank you for your thoughts!

He certainly won't starve! On Crystal's ocean vessels, they always have a special vegetarian entree on the dinner and lunch menus. The river menus are more limited, but if I recall correctly, you can usually (?always) find a way to get a good meal without eating meat. Now if you are going to restrict the menu requirements even further by wanting "no butter, cream and sugar, etc," it will be that much harder.

You should contact Crystal River at: riverbutler@crystalcruises.com . Make sure you put your booking/reservation number in the subject of the email and also include your voyage number in the message. Be as specific as you can be regarding the specific dietary requirements of your son. I suspect if they are aware of his needs in advance, they will accomodate him. Once on board, you may want to speak directly with the chef.

By the way, the food on Crystal is outstanding!

I've never sailed Crystal, but in Europe in general they do a lot of cooking with butter and cream (yum!) so it's going to be a challenge. If you cancel with Crystal, who will you book with? I think the advice to contact Crystal directly is a good one, and see what accommodation they can make. Keep in mind that river ship kitchens are small, and options other than menu items may be limited.

Roz