Prebook cabin?

I have just booked 2 x deluxe balcony cabins on the Discovery for 3 May 2019. This will be our first Marella cruise. What are the chances of getting cabins next to each other or should we just pay the £48 and choose them ourselves. They are on the same booking and I am the lead name.

Also do you get luggage labels with your cabin number. We are flying to Corfu but will we have to collect our cases on arrival? The last few cruises we have done were with P&O who deliver the cases direct to your cabin. What is the procedure with Marella? Any information would be welcome.

I have tried to find our information on the website but at the moment it is not working as it is getting updated?

I would have thought it unlikely that you would get cabins next to each other unless you pre-book the cabins. On arrival, you will need to collect your cases from the baggage carousel and take them to the transfer coach. If you have not been given luggage labels with your cabin numbers on at your departure airport, you will receive these at Corfu port. You will need to attach the labels to your bags, which will be delivered to your cabin within a couple of hours.

The major advantage of choosing cabin numbers is that you will guarantee the location of your cabins.

The only way to guarantee the cabins are adjacent is to pay the £48. Because they are on the same booking you may be lucky that they allocate them together but certainly not definite.

You do not get luggage labels but will be given an identification sticker or label at either the departure or arrival airport with the cabin number on.

Because you are not on a dedicated cruise flight i.e there will be non cruise passengers on your aircraft you will need to collect your luggage from the carousel and take it to the transfer coach.

At the port TUI personnel will unload the cases from the coach and transfer them to your cabin.

Marella do the same as P&O in the Caribbean where the flights are cruise only and your cases go directly to the ship.

Many thanks for the quick replies.

Looks like we will have to pay the £48 to ensure we are together. Good that this is an option as P&O saver fares you get what they give you. Unfortunate that we have to collect our luggage on arrival in Corfu, used to it just appearing in our cabin. Really looking forward to seeing how Marella suits us and the added bonus of being all inclusive and tips included is great.

Bonded luggage I.e taken straight from airport to your cabin and from cabin to airport is only available on Marella cruises to the Caribbean (even if all passengers on the plane are not cruising) and Dubrovnik in Europe