New to DCL - Photo & Drink ??

Doctorsbaby

We are scheduled to be on the Dream mid-February for a family group cruise. We are familiar with cruising but new to DCL. I have been doing my research but still have a few questions.

Photo packages - I saw where you can prepay (15% discount) for all your digital photos. Our group will be in 6 rooms. Is there any other discount available if we want to purchase the package for the entire group? Or is it the regular per room cost?

Private Photo Session - I think I found the pricing for purchases when doing a private photo session but not sure, it was under the wedding & special occasion section of the photo site. There were 3 packages listed with add-ons below them. One of the add-ons was all images from the session on disk/usb. Can that be purchased separately or only added to the existing packages? Basically, I would want to schedule a private session for our family group and then only buy the disk/usb and not any prints.

Drinks - what is the average mixed drink cost? Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a menu that lists which liquors are available on the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are scheduled to be on the Dream mid-February for a family group cruise. We are familiar with cruising but new to DCL. I have been doing my research but still have a few questions.

Photo packages - I saw where you can prepay (15% discount) for all your digital photos. Our group will be in 6 rooms. Is there any other discount available if we want to purchase the package for the entire group? Or is it the regular per room cost?

Private Photo Session - I think I found the pricing for purchases when doing a private photo session but not sure, it was under the wedding & special occasion section of the photo site. There were 3 packages listed with add-ons below them. One of the add-ons was all images from the session on disk/usb. Can that be purchased separately or only added to the existing packages? Basically, I would want to schedule a private session for our family group and then only buy the disk/usb and not any prints.

Drinks - what is the average mixed drink cost? Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a menu that lists which liquors are available on the ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The full digital photo package is one per room. Only exception is if a nuclear family (dad & minor kids in one room, mom & minor kids in second room) are in 2 rooms, they will allow both rooms to share a package.

There's also, for every room that purchases the full digital package, a second (non-nuclear family) room can purchase it for 50% off. There's some discrepancy as to whether that means for each 50% off package you must have one full package. Or if purchasing one full package means all other rooms in a group can get the 50% off. Most times it's the former.

So, one room pre-purchases the full digital package (15% off) and once onboard you head for Shutters and then show the purchase and an additional room purchases (onboard) at 50% off.

Usually the special photo sessions are not included in the regular photo packages.

Edited by Shmoo here

You can't buy a single package for the entire group. If you purchase the disk with all the photos, you can get 50% off the disk for a second cabin.

What you will get is that any photo that contains at least one person from the purchasing cabin will be on your disk. For example, if you do a group embarkation photo with all of you, that photo should be on the disk for each of the cabins. If you have mom, dad, and 2 kids in one cabin and grandma and grandpa in another, a photo of a child with grandma will be on the disk for the 4 person cabin, but a photo of grandma and grandpa alone will not.

Bottom line--with 6 cabins, you are looking at multiple packages. OR bring your own camera along and save a lot of money!

Drinks on board are typically $7-8. There is a mandatory (automatic) 15% gratuity added AND a line on the charge slip for any additional gratuity you might want to add. Remember when adding that you've already paid 15%. The 15% is divided among all bar personnel while any addition goes directly to the person who served you. Some of these menus are a bit old, but you get an idea-- http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/drink-menus/ Here's another http://www.********************/cruise/dining/menubar.html

Sorry, it appears that I cited an illegal URL. Too bad, because it was the most clear and up to date. I'd suggest a google of "Drink menu on DCL" and you should get several good hits.

I realize that I didn't answer all your questions, but I can't tell you about the private group photos. I know there is no sitting fee and that you can buy what you want but that's if you just do it as a private sitting. I'm not sure how it works under the wedding or special occasion umbrella. You can schedule a private sitting by talking with the Shutter's manager.

The full digital photo package is one per room. Only exception is if a nuclear family (dad & minor kids in one room, mom & minor kids in second room) are in 2 rooms, they will allow both rooms to share a package.

There's also, for every room that purchases the full digital package, a second (non-nuclear family) room can purchase it for 50% off. There's some discrepancy as to whether that means for each 50% off package you must have one full package. Or if purchasing one full package means all other rooms in a group can get the 50% off. Most times it's the former.

So, one room pre-purchases the full digital package (15% off) and once onboard you head for Shutters and then show the purchase and an additional room purchases (onboard) at 50% off.

Usually the special photo sessions are not included in the regular photo packages.

Thank you! Even if it is one full price to each 50% off, that is a big savings.

I understand that the special sessions aren’t included in the regular packages [emoji3]

You can't buy a single package for the entire group. If you purchase the disk with all the photos' date=' you can get 50% off the disk for a second cabin.

What you will get is that any photo that contains at least one person from the purchasing cabin will be on your disk. For example, if you do a group embarkation photo with all of you, that photo should be on the disk for each of the cabins. If you have mom, dad, and 2 kids in one cabin and grandma and grandpa in another, a photo of a child with grandma will be on the disk for the 4 person cabin, but a photo of grandma and grandpa alone will not.

Bottom line--with 6 cabins, you are looking at multiple packages. OR bring your own camera along and save a lot of money!

Drinks on board are typically $7-8. There is a mandatory (automatic) 15% gratuity added AND a line on the charge slip for any additional gratuity you might want to add. Remember when adding that you've already paid 15%. The 15% is divided among all bar personnel while any addition goes directly to the person who served you. Some of these menus are a bit old, but you get an idea-- http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/drink-menus/ Here's another http://www.********************/cruise/dining/menubar.html

Sorry, it appears that I cited an illegal URL. Too bad, because it was the most clear and up to date. I'd suggest a google of "Drink menu on DCL" and you should get several good hits.

I realize that I didn't answer all your questions, but I can't tell you about the private group photos. I know there is no sitting fee and that you can buy what you want but that's if you just do it as a private sitting. I'm not sure how it works under the wedding or special occasion umbrella. You can schedule a private sitting by talking with the Shutter's manager.[/quote']

Thank you! I know that we can bring our own cameras but the main person that takes all the pictures (by choice) is the one that is gifting this trip to everyone else. I wanted her to be able to be in all the pics and not have to worry about taking them all the time.

Thank you for the drink menu links. I kept searching but must not have used the right terms.

Thank you! I know that we can bring our own cameras but the main person that takes all the pictures (by choice) is the one that is gifting this trip to everyone else. I wanted her to be able to be in all the pics and not have to worry about taking them all the time.

s

For most photos (characters and such), the character handlers will take a photo with your camera. Note, this is not the professional photographers from Shutters, it is the character attendants. Similarly, we've never had a problem getting someone to take a dining room photo for us. There are a few places that you are not allowed to have someone use your camera--the photo with the captain and the specialty backgrounds mainly.

I understand your theory in not abusing the person giving you the trip. On the other hand, a few with your own camera can save a lot of money!