Muse thinking of b

bspill

Thinking of booking a cruise on the Muse. I'M a little concerned about some negative reviews regarding the dining venues. Any major difference in the dining experience as compared to the Whisper or the Shadow?

On the Muse now and when we went to go visit the Whisper in port a week ago. Its night and day; the Muse is new, a feeling of tranquility and public areas are a vast improvement over the other ships. Of course its a bigger ship but does not feel much bigger than the Whisper. Hopefully your not picking a ship on the dinning. Yes its different but very workable, the Spa area, La Terrazza buffet and public areas are so improved, its worth experiencing. Without being a Cheerleader, yes the menus for diners at Atlantide and Indochine need improvements but would sail again gladly on such a beautiful ship.

It’s all about the food for us, so the negative aspects of the dining experiences being reported mean that we would think long and hard before booking a cruise on this new ship. Others may have different priorities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it depends in part on how long a cruise you are considering. If you are taking a one or two week cruise, the limited menus on the Muse would not be much of an issue. We loved the variety of venues for dining. We disliked the downgrade of La Terrazza (no carpet or table cloths at breakfast and lunch) and didn't think that the buffet area was much of an improvement. Our best meals were at Kaiseki and Indochine reflecting our taste for Asian food. Spacanapoli was a good addition but we didn't like the changes to the menu at the Grill. We dislike Le Champagne seating on the Muse and the Spirit so we don't go there. Atlantide was very comfortable and quiet, but they are changing the seating, so we don't know what it will be like going forward.

The Muse is a beautiful ship with colors that are quite pleasing and calming. However, for our taste, the ship is too big, so we will favor the Whisper and Shadow in the future. We hope that the Spirit will not be ruined in the Musification, and will wait to see if we return to her.

I think it depends in part on how long a cruise you are considering. If you are taking a one or two week cruise, the limited menus on the Muse would not be much of an issue. We loved the variety of venues for dining. We disliked the downgrade of La Terrazza (no carpet or table cloths at breakfast and lunch) and didn't think that the buffet area was much of an improvement. Our best meals were at Kaiseki and Indochine reflecting our taste for Asian food. Spacanapoli was a good addition but we didn't like the changes to the menu at the Grill. We dislike Le Champagne seating on the Muse and the Spirit so we don't go there. Atlantide was very comfortable and quiet, but they are changing the seating, so we don't know what it will be like going forward.

The Muse is a beautiful ship with colors that are quite pleasing and calming. However, for our taste, the ship is too big, so we will favor the Whisper and Shadow in the future. We hope that the Spirit will not be ruined in the Musification, and will wait to see if we return to her.

Victoria, I really value your opinion. We were suppose to do Muse for the holidays but due to a disappointing cruise on Spirit, we changed our minds. I think the brand should retain quality across the board and therefore, a passenger is not surprised. Love the crew (Butlers, Cabin Attendants, CD) but, it's a lot of $$$ to spend to be with them. I want my ship to be in tip top shape and if there are any negatives, to have them responded to in a fashion that's not placating my wishes but sincere and actions are taken. The changes to entertainment were negative in my eyes. Bring back the Duo's and I might book a cruise