Carnival Liberty- 3 Day Review

Kova15

I wanted to post a quick review of our 3 day CarnivalLiberty Cruise. We are a family of 4 from Colorado. We have 2 kids age 14 and5. We went to Disney for 4 days prior to the cruise and spent the last 3 daysof our vacation on the cruise.

Embarkation Day- Like I said precruise we stayed at Disneyso the morning of our cruise we took the Disney Magic Express Bus back to theairport. From there we caught our shuttle that I had set up for us. We wereusing Cortans. We had used them previously and had a great experience so I decidedto use them again. They were prompt and our driver was great. I would recommendif cruising out of port canveral.

Once we got to the port we were the first people in theterminal which was super fun for me. We purchased FTTF and got in right away. Idon’t know if this is the new normal for Carnival but they didn’t give us ourroom keys until we got onboard. They were placed outside our door. Once onboard we went right down to our room and dropped off our carryons then headedup to the Lido for Lunch. I got Tacos from Blue Iguana and the rest of myfamily got Guys. I have to say I sure did miss Carnival food! Our last cruisewas on NCL and their food options are not as good (IMO)

MDR- We ate at the MDR every night. We had Anytime Dining.The first night we ate with Adrain and Jeneth. They were wonderful that thefollowing 2 nights we requested to be seated with them each time. The food inthe MDR was great! I don’t remember what I got the first night, but I got theprime rib the second night and the jerk pork the final night. All of which wasreally good.

Shows- We went to the show on the second night. I think itwas called Flicker or something like that. It wasn’t great. I was not impressedat all about the show. On the last night my Husband and daughter went to the 80’sparty and they said it was a great time. The Cruise Director Donkey did a greatjob and kept the energy up. My son and I watched Coco up on the Lido deck.

Nassau- We had purchased an excursion to Balmoral Island throughCarnival. Our excursion included lunch. I was a little disappointed in theisland. I didn’t realized it faced Nassau so I had expected to face the oceanso the scenery wasn’t what I had expected. The drinks on the Island were veryexpensive so we didn’t buy anything. But the sand was soft, not too rocky. We didn’thave any issues finding a chair to use. We went back on a Disney Cruise lineboat ride and didn’t have any issues (we barely missed the rain!) Overall I thoughtthe island was OK. Nothing special.

Disembarkation- Went smooth. We decided to carry off and wewere off the ship in about 15 minutes. It may have been one of the easiestdisembarkation we have done on cruises. Post cruise we rented a car throughBudget. The Budget rental car shuttle was prompt. I think we only had to wait10 minutes for them to arrive. Then checkin at the rental car place was efficientand they provided us with a free upgrade! I would recommend renting through themif you are in Port Canaveral.

Overall- Staff was great, I thought they did a good job!Overall some of the better staff we have had on a cruise. The ship is older andit was what I had expected it to be. Showing some wear, but overall a nice shipfor a 3 day cruise. It was a little stinky in ports though. My daughter and I didn’tlike the smell in the Lido when we were docked. The cruise director was goodand I wouldn’t mind cruising with him again. The food was great! Like I said wemissed carnival’s food! It was a great cruise and I am so happy we did thisshort little 3 day cruise after our trip to Disney.

I will try to answer any questions about the Liberty if youhave them!

Thanks for the review.

We did a four night cruise on Liberty last year and we are doing this 3 day one in October. I have a conference in Orlando and we wanted to do something after.

glad to to hear everything went well and you enjoyed it. I was a bit worried if three nights would be worth it.

Great review! We are going on Liberty in 3 weeks. I have a quick question for you. We plan on carrying our bags off for disembarkation too. What time were you off the ship by? I’m booking our car rental and I think I remember from years ago we were off way earlier than I expected.

I wanted to post a quick review of our 3 day CarnivalLiberty Cruise. We are a family of 4 from Colorado. We have 2 kids age 14 and5. We went to Disney for 4 days prior to the cruise and spent the last 3 daysof our vacation on the cruise.

Embarkation Day- Like I said precruise we stayed at Disneyso the morning of our cruise we took the Disney Magic Express Bus back to theairport. From there we caught our shuttle that I had set up for us. We wereusing Cortans. We had used them previously and had a great experience so I decidedto use them again. They were prompt and our driver was great. I would recommendif cruising out of port canveral.

Once we got to the port we were the first people in theterminal which was super fun for me. We purchased FTTF and got in right away. Idon’t know if this is the new normal for Carnival but they didn’t give us ourroom keys until we got onboard. They were placed outside our door. Once onboard we went right down to our room and dropped off our carryons then headedup to the Lido for Lunch. I got Tacos from Blue Iguana and the rest of myfamily got Guys. I have to say I sure did miss Carnival food! Our last cruisewas on NCL and their food options are not as good (IMO)

MDR- We ate at the MDR every night. We had Anytime Dining.The first night we ate with Adrain and Jeneth. They were wonderful that thefollowing 2 nights we requested to be seated with them each time. The food inthe MDR was great! I don’t remember what I got the first night, but I got theprime rib the second night and the jerk pork the final night. All of which wasreally good.

Shows- We went to the show on the second night. I think itwas called Flicker or something like that. It wasn’t great. I was not impressedat all about the show. On the last night my Husband and daughter went to the 80’sparty and they said it was a great time. The Cruise Director Donkey did a greatjob and kept the energy up. My son and I watched Coco up on the Lido deck.

Nassau- We had purchased an excursion to Balmoral Island throughCarnival. Our excursion included lunch. I was a little disappointed in theisland. I didn’t realized it faced Nassau so I had expected to face the oceanso the scenery wasn’t what I had expected. The drinks on the Island were veryexpensive so we didn’t buy anything. But the sand was soft, not too rocky. We didn’thave any issues finding a chair to use. We went back on a Disney Cruise lineboat ride and didn’t have any issues (we barely missed the rain!) Overall I thoughtthe island was OK. Nothing special.

Disembarkation- Went smooth. We decided to carry off and wewere off the ship in about 15 minutes. It may have been one of the easiestdisembarkation we have done on cruises. Post cruise we rented a car throughBudget. The Budget rental car shuttle was prompt. I think we only had to wait10 minutes for them to arrive. Then checkin at the rental car place was efficientand they provided us with a free upgrade! I would recommend renting through themif you are in Port Canaveral.

Overall- Staff was great, I thought they did a good job!Overall some of the better staff we have had on a cruise. The ship is older andit was what I had expected it to be. Showing some wear, but overall a nice shipfor a 3 day cruise. It was a little stinky in ports though. My daughter and I didn’tlike the smell in the Lido when we were docked. The cruise director was goodand I wouldn’t mind cruising with him again. The food was great! Like I said wemissed carnival’s food! It was a great cruise and I am so happy we did thisshort little 3 day cruise after our trip to Disney.

Great review! We are going on Liberty in 3 weeks. I have a quick question for you. We plan on carrying our bags off for disembarkation too. What time were you off the ship by? I’m booking our car rental and I think I remember from years ago we were off way earlier than I expected.

It was pretty quick. Took us maybe 15 minutes from start to finish. I think we started about 5 til 9am and were off before 9:15am.

Considering a cruise on Liberty. I don’t like elavators. Is there anytime you are required to take an elevator?

I think you could avoid taking the stairs the entire time. The very first day when you get on the ship they try to get everyone up to the Lido for lunch. This was the only time when they were directing people to certain places. However Im sure if you say "Id rather take the stairs" they would give you directions and you wouldn't have any issues. The staff is very accommodating and they want you to have a good time.

• 4 weeks later...

It was a little stinky in ports though. My daughter and I didn’tlike the smell in the Lido when we were docked.

Sorry i know this thread is a month old but could you tell me what sort of smell it was that you didn't like?