What area of Miami for pre-cruise hotel?

JuliaMS

Wondering what area of Miami we should be looking in? We will be in the hotel 2 nights pre cruise so will have a full day to check out Miami. We just want to get a taste of the area and someplace for dinner nearby as we won't have a car. We will be in the caribbean for 2 weeks so hanging out on a beach is not what we are looking for. We are more into an evening cocktail hour than Miami Nightlife.

I see threads mentioning different areas, like Brickell but I know nothing about those neighborhoods and what is there.

Thanks

We like Brickell area & near Bayside

The free metro mover will get you close to Bayside or other dining areas

Hampton Inn Brickell is a good choice for reasonably priced hotel

Or look at the Intercontinental

I am sure others will comment for more upscale places

Brickell area is a nice place to be. Brickell is Miami's most dense and urban area and its financial hub. Office buildings, condos and restaurants and bars. Nice, safe area. Very close to the port and with the Metromover you can easily get around to Downtown Miami, just north of Brickell where you can check out Bayside, Bayfront Park, Museum Park, the Art Museum and Science Museum.

I would also look into Miami Beach. Specifically areas east of Washington Ave and South of 25th street. Nice, dense walkable area. It is not all clubs and beaches. Tons of bars and restaurants, especially on Lincoln Road.

Regardless, even if you pick Brickell or Downtown, I would suggest an evening at Lincoln Road.