I need a good book to take on my cruise

I tend to read chick lit - stuff I can fall asleep to on the pool deck! So that's Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella, Lauren Wiesenberger, Marisa de los Santos (actually better than most chick lit), Jennifer Weiner and the like.

I haven't read much in the way of Janet Evanovich but think it is mystery/crime solving - right? If so, you may like the Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton. IMO the earlier ones were better than the later. They're available at libraries everywhere.

Bon Voyage!

I just finished reading Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. One of the best books I have ever read. Takes place both in New York City and Italy. It is the first book in a trilogy. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Another good one by her is Lucia,Lucia.

If you like great murder mysteries and what not, I recommend any of the books written by J.D. Robb (it's actually Nora Roberts writing under a different pen name) I've read about 6 of them so far and try to take a new one with me every time I travel because they're really easy to get into.:)

If you like crime/mystery type have you read any James Patterson? I like the women's murder club series, they are numbered the first one in the series is '1st To Die', can't remember the rest of the names but they all start, 2nd......, 3rd......., 4th....., etc there are 8 in the series now. His Alex Cross series is good as well but some spots are a bit disturbing (I just skip over those parts *L)

I've written down a few of the suggestions from above as well, always looking for something new to read.

Robin

I read all kinds of stuff at home, so I usually take what every I haven't finished at that point, along with a biography or memoir. I don't know why, but I don't read a lot of biographies or memoirs usually, but I like to take ones of people I admire. And they're usually about or by people who find humor in life. But be careful because you might start unwanted conversations depending on who you are reading about - unless you stay in your cabin to read.

I tried to read my usual Stephen King science fiction,but never got far,just people watched and kept falling asleep.Up at 6 am every day,walk around promenade deck 4 times,go on island tours,dinner,show and little TV and to bed by 10;30 pm everynight.Needed a rest when i got home.:)

Have you read the older Janet Evanovich books?? The ones that are sort-of romance stories? They are wonderful! I love to take them on road trips/vacations. I only wish she would write more cute romance novels like these!! :)

If you haven't read "A Thousand Spendid Suns" or "Kite Runner" I would highly recommend them. I just started "The Girls From Ames". It's a true story written by the co-author of "The Last Lecture." It's very captivating.

Janet Evanovitch's new book Finger Lickin Fifteen is due out very soon. I just read a fantastic book called "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett - really good. I'm waiting for Mary Kay Andrews to write a new book, but nothing so far. Sophie Kinsella has a new book coming out in July (can't think of the title now).

Are you reading or have read a good book lately. I love to read Mary Kay Andrews, Janet Evonovich and compareable authors.

Thanks for sharing with me.

Along with Evanovich, I love:

Gemma Halliday

Donna Andrews

Nancy Martin

Anne George

Jess Lourey

Ellen Byerrum

Janet Levine

They are all light, fun, and sassy mystery/chic lit writers.

guernsey literary and potato peel pie society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows is the best book that I have read this year.

The characters leap off the pages.

guernsey literary and potato peel pie society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows is the best book that I have read this year.

The characters leap off the pages.

I loved that book, too, and learned a lot. But I lent it to a friend who didn't like it at all--not sure why.

:D:D

Dan Brown's (author of The DaVinci Code; Angels & Demons)

New Book "The Lost Symbol" is to be released on September 15th!!!

DH and I have been waiting since 2005 (when he first promised "a new book" for this to be released).

I have already pre-ordered this book, 2 copies, and we are both going to save it until our Nov. 19th cruise!:D:D

Archived