Celebrity Summit Oct 21, 2018 Repo cruise NYC to San Juan

Boytjie

Booked this cruise over the weekend - got a good price for a balcony.

This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and a chance to check the ship out before the big upgrade early next year and then our Vacaya charter on the Summit August 2019.

My husband Andy and I Jack are on this cruise also. We booked a few weeks ago. Great pice. We did this cruise last October. Our good friends Glen and Erik from Montreal are joining us::::

Hi, Jersey guys. And Montreal guys. [emoji4]

Peter and Richard from Brooklyn.

Hello everyone,

This is Rick and Jeff from Indiana and Illinois and we are happy to join you all. We last sailed on Summit in 2004.

Peter, I'm looking forward to meeting you as i so enjoy reading your comments on the Holland America board!

Hello everyone,

This is Rick and Jeff from Indiana and Illinois and we are happy to join you all. We last sailed on Summit in 2004.

Peter, I'm looking forward to meeting you as i so enjoy reading your comments on the Holland America board!

Cool! :)

Hello everyone,

Hello guys. Look forward to meeting everyone. Jack Callahan here on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jack

Looking forward to meeting you. My I ask what type of cabin you have? We have a Sky Suite (such a good deal) and wanted to try out Luminae . We sail Cunard a lot, but not in suites. I wonder how this compares to the Grills on Cunard?

on the islands we often set out on our own or with a group of friends.

We have been to both St. Martin and St. Thomas a couple of times so I will have to do some research to find something new to do.

On St. Maarten we have done Orient Beach and Marigot one time and Maho beach the last time. I would be happy to hit Orient Beach for a few hours and then explore something new.

On St. Thomas we have been to St. John a few times (on one RSVP cruise we anchored off St. John for a fast tender ride!) and I have gone scuba diving there a few times.

I wonder if we will dock on Crown Bay or Havensight? The last time (on HAL) we docked in Crown Bay and the intention was to take the ferry over to Water Island but alas be never made it and just strolled into town and had lunch. Maybe we will try to get to Water Island again.

What did you like most about your time in Marigot? Would be first time visiting the city but not the first visiting Orient Beach.

Let us know what you find for St Thomas and if you’re open to others joining you. I’ve been to St Thomas many times and don’t need to go shopping.

We are staying in San Juan for the weekend and found an excursion of their art museums we are interested in. Would like one other couple to join us to help defray the cost.

https://www.toursbylocals.com/TBL/WebObjects/ToursByLocals.woa/1/wo/2Gpv3qazMUtBCGlNtoRbz0/7.65.1.5.4.5.0

This is a museum lovers tour. On this trip we visit the Museo de las Americas in Cuartel de Ballajá in Old San Juan. They have two main exhibits. One focusing on our Natives or Indigenous people the Tainos in the Caribbean. The other explores our African Heritage very resent in the Caribbean culture too. Here our guest get an insight on how Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Isalnd's Culture came to be.

Then we drive to Santurce. Home of two of our mayor art museums. We visit Puerto Rico's Museum of Contemporary Art at Stop 18. It is home to our current artists from mid 20th Century and on. It gives them an ideal space for there expressions in a beautiful historic building dating back to 1916.

We also visit the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico. Here we take a trip back in time to witness the work of our very first puertorrican artist and see how this collective has evolved throughout time and space expressing our culture. It also features a beautiful Sculpture and Botanical Garden.

on the islands we often set out on our own or with a group of friends.

We have been to both St. Martin and St. Thomas a couple of times so I will have to do some research to find something new to do.

On St. Maarten we have done Orient Beach and Marigot one time and Maho beach the last time. I would be happy to hit Orient Beach for a few hours and then explore something new.

On St. Thomas we have been to St. John a few times (on one RSVP cruise we anchored off St. John for a fast tender ride!) and I have gone scuba diving there a few times.

I wonder if we will dock on Crown Bay or Havensight? The last time (on HAL) we docked in Crown Bay and the intention was to take the ferry over to Water Island but alas be never made it and just strolled into town and had lunch. Maybe we will try to get to Water Island again.

St. Maartin was our first ever cruise port stop 11 years ago and I don’t recall too many details of the Marigot stop. We took a cab from Orient Beach and had lunch there. We also walked around and found and outdoor market. I bought a sarong (I always do!) from a woman that made them, not the usual stuff you seem to find everywhere.

I am looking in to Water Island some more and open to going with others. The ferry leaves from Crown Bay. The Caribbean Princess is the only other ship in port so it might not be too busy.

We are flying back home after the cruise. We have been there on a couple of cruises and also spent a week circumnavigating the island (by car) before we started cruising.

Hi Jack

Looking forward to meeting you. My I ask what type of cabin you have? We have a Sky Suite (such a good deal) and wanted to try out Luminae . We sail Cunard a lot, but not in suites. I wonder how this compares to the Grills on Cunard?

We did Aqua class. Love to here about your sky suite experience

Way back in October of 2001 we were in a Celebrity Suite, but have not sailed on Celebrity since 2010. Soooo this will be a new experience for us. We cruise usually about 3 times a year and think it's a wonderful value. This Sky Suite has a larger balcony than many so we will have to have a get together for our group one afternoon or evening.

Have you sailed Aqua Class before? I would be interested in what you think of Blu. It will be fun to compare notes. We are flying into Newark on the 20th. Once we disembark in San Juan we are heading to the airport to fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a few days before returning to Indiana.

Rick

Way back in October of 2001 we were in a Celebrity Suite, but have not sailed on Celebrity since 2010. Soooo this will be a new experience for us. We cruise usually about 3 times a year and think it's a wonderful value. This Sky Suite has a larger balcony than many so we will have to have a get together for our group one afternoon or evening.

Have you sailed Aqua Class before? I would be interested in what you think of Blu. It will be fun to compare notes. We are flying into Newark on the 20th. Once we disembark in San Juan we are heading to the airport to fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a few days before returning to Indiana.

Rick

Yes we only did our first celebrity cruise last year..previously we were Princess loyalists...we were impressed by Celebrity though. We did Aqua class last time. I was impressed with the service. It’s a small room

So the entire staff gets to know you very quickly and I enjoy that’s. We are traveling with friends who are in concierge class so

We mostly be dining with them for dinner outside of blue. Right now we are planning on flying back to CT after one or two nights in San Juan but heading to FLL is still an option. It’s our favorite go to destination

• 2 weeks later...