Regular vs extended balcony.

SallyPilot

I am looking at the carnival pride out of Baltimore and trying to decide between a regular versus extended balcony. It seems that all of the extended balconies do have lifeboats under them. Is it worth it to pay a little extra for extra room even though you can’t actually look straight down and see the water? If I’m on deck eight am I even going to notice the lifeboats down below on deck four? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took an upgrade to expended balcony on a cruise last year and are now spoiled. On our Pride cruise this year we booked the extended. It is such a great option for not a whole lot more money. We were on deck 7. I don't even remember the life boats below so they obviously didn't both me. But I DO remember not have to practically climb over each other on the balcony. So easy to walk around and lots of space for both of us.

Had 8227 on Pride in 2015 and while you can see the boat if you look DIRECTLY down, most of the time you aren't. If you stand at the rail you are looking out generally, so no impact at all. It is very nice to be able to have your feet out and look through the glass at the horizon :)