Bed Comfort--2 bedroom suite on the Dawn

kirakat

We are considering a cruise on the Dawn in a 2 bedroom suite. The second room would be for my 81 year old mother. We thought that would be better than having her pay double to get a balcony room of her own. After looking at the videos and floor plan of the second bedroom she was concerned it would be claustrophobic in the smaller bedroom and that the bed would be uncomfortable as it looked like a fold out couch. Any adults have any comments about the second bedroom? We thought it would be fine since it has access to the living/dining room and balcony and has its own bathroom, but she's focusing on the bed. TIA!

I slept in this room a couple of weeks ago on the Dawn. I told the room steward to bring me a topper for the bed, and while it was ok, I wouldn't have wanted to sleep there for more than a week! I did like the "cave like" atmosphere; nice and dark! I am normally claustrophobic, but that room didn't bother me at all. One thing I will mention: the bed is VERY low to the ground, which makes it hard to get in and out of. Just something to think about for your mom. My mom is the same age as yours, and no way could she do that bed.

One thing I will mention: the bed is VERY low to the ground, which makes it hard to get in and out of. Just something to think about for your mom. My mom is the same age as yours, and no way could she do that bed.

Thank you!

I second the fact that the bed is extremely close to the ground. I would not put an elderly person or anybody with physical limitations in that bed. The room is fine (you can always keep the door open if you're claustrophobic) but the bed when fully opened is basically the height of a regular sized mattress on the floor.

If she's a really small person, the sofa in the livingroom is quite comfortable, I thought. I'm not a small person and had quite a comfortable nap there. I contemplated moving there for the week and sleeping on it with a blanket (not pulled out and made like a bed) rather than climbing up out of the bed in the 2nd bedroom, but got used to it and dealt with it.