Princess Cruise/Tours from Seattle

bigmjh

Hi - We're booked on the Princess Cruise/Tour that starts and ends in Seattle (they fly you to Anchorage ... land tour to McKinley Lodge and Denali Lodge ... train to Whittier ... cruise to Vancouver ... bus back to Seattle). I have a question regarding luggage for anyone that has done this tour. Does Princess take your "Meet-Me-On-Board" luggage at Seattle ... or do you have to take it on the plane to Anchorage and they take it there? That would make a difference in the number of pieces we take and how we pack.

We are doing this type tour in May 2010 except we will cruise to Alaska and then the 4 day land tour before Princess flies us from Anchorage back to Seattle. We only have one checked bag each - hand carry our large fleece jackets. Be sure and post how your cruise/tour turns out.

When are you sailing? I'm doing this tour in 3 weeks. My understanding, from reading the answer book, is that they take your luggage 'at the end of your first Alaskan city'. So, I believe they will take the 'meet me on board' luggage at the end of your stay at the McKinley lodge. The only time you will not have all of your luggage will be the two nights in Denali. Again, this is just my understanding of their wording.

I could be mistaken, but I think the Princess Cruisetours that started/ended in Seattle were new for 2009...you might want to post this also on the Alaska Board to try to reach someone who just took it...good luck and hope you love Alaska as much as we did!

I could be mistaken, but I think the Princess Cruisetours that started/ended in Seattle were new for 2009...you might want to post this also on the Alaska Board to try to reach someone who just took it...good luck and hope you love Alaska as much as we did!

You're correct - these tours are new for 2009. We just couldn't work a cruise in this summer so booked for 2010 as soon as Alaska opened. I'm hoping that people will post how this cruise/land package worked out for them this summer.

Hello

We did this exact cruise/tour a few weeks ago, and they took our Meet-me-on-board luggage at the airport in Anchorage. We did have to get our luggage and then find the princess rep and go wait in a line where they will then take it from you. Hope you have a great time.

Hello

We did this exact cruise/tour a few weeks ago, and they took our Meet-me-on-board luggage at the airport in Anchorage. We did have to get our luggage and then find the princess rep and go wait in a line where they will then take it from you. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks. This information is useful, as we will be taking this tour in 3 weeks.

I'm confused...

I'm doing this cruisetour in August, so please help me understand.

Day 1 - We fly into Seattle and spend the night in Seattle.

Day 2 - Princess flies us from Seattle to Fairbanks.

Day 3/4/5 - We spend in Denali-Mt McKinley area.

Day 6 - Princess transfers us to Talkeetna and we take the McKinley Express direct rail service to Anchorage(Whittier) where we board the ship.

So, when do they take our luggage? Does it get taken from us on day 1 in Seattle?...day 2 in Fairbanks?...or day 6 when we board the train for the transfer from Mt McKinley to the ship?

Archived