Any cabins for 5??

MauraL

Would like to book the family on a cruise to the Caribbean leaving from the east coast this summer. Does anyone know if any Cruise lines (not Disney) have cabins for 5? Booking the two cabins takes it out of our price range.

We've taken our three children on the Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Paradise. The category 12 suite can accomidate up to five people, and are really quite nice (and have balconies).

If you find a similar Carnival ship that accepts up to five in a cabin, ask for the "Guaranty suite" option. This means that you are guaranteed a category 11 or a category 12 room. HOWEVER, a very nice reservations agent for Carnival pointed out a trick for me - the category 12 suites are the only rooms on these two ships that take five people (category 11 only sleeps four). So, if you are a family of five taking the "Guaranteed Suite" option, they have to put you in a category 12 suite. As such, we were able to get a category 12 room for less than the cost of a room normally reserved for four if you picked a particular category 11 room.

Hope this makes sense!

BTW - my three kids loved both cruises

We just sailed Carnival's Celebration. It is an older ship but it was fantastic! We had to get two rooms as there is 6 in our family. We had 2 beds and 2 bunks in each room and we noticed that there was an additional bed that could be pulled out from under one of the other beds. It was basically a mattress in a frame but that's really all you would need.

We just sailed Carnival's Celebration. It is an older ship but it was fantastic! We had to get two rooms as there is 6 in our family. We had 2 beds and 2 bunks in each room and we noticed that there was an additional bed that could be pulled out from under one of the other beds. It was basically a mattress in a frame but that's really all you would need.

How was your trip?? We're booked on the Celebration in June!!

Obviously you had kids with you . . . what are the "camp" activities like? I've got a 13-14 year old daughter going!!

Kim

celebrity is 172 sq ft. two uppers and foldout sofa. carnival 185 sq ft, two uppers, fold out sofa or rollaway. newer carnival ships only hold 4 in standard. I have found that the pricing is not much diff. for 5 in cabin or getting 2 cabins, esp. if peak time. personally, I would get inside/outside across from each other and spouses split for the night if young kids. or if older kids, do a kids and adults cabin (you must register 1 over 18 in each cabin, but if they are older kids, say 10+, they don't really care if cabins are nearby). otherwise, book early and get adjoining cabins---they cost no more, just go faster. it will ALWAYS be cheaper to get 2 standard cabins than to get suite, family cabin, etc.

These will hold 6. We actually had two balconies booked but when we found out the balcony dividers could not be removed (like our TA told us they could) we switched to a family stateroom. It is oceanview but no balconies. At least we will be in the same cabin and I don't have to worry about the kids in another room or split up my husband and myself. We cruise next week - I'll let you know how the room is.

Archived