Cost to rent clam shell at Half Moon Cay?

malteselover1

Does anyone know how much Carnival charges to rent a clam shell at Half Moon Cay? Do you go back to the cruiseliner for lunch or is there somewhere to buy it? What about restrooms? I know it's Carnival's private island so just wasn't sure what is provided.

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know how much Carnival charges to rent a clam shell at Half Moon Cay? Do you go back to the cruiseliner for lunch or is there somewhere to buy it? What about restrooms? I know it's Carnival's private island so just wasn't sure what is provided.

Thanks for your help!

I believe they are about $15.00. They bring lunch off the ship and cook it for you on the island ( no extra charge). There are restrooms in a couple different areas.

Thanks for your help!

I thought that I had paid $18, but it is definitely somewhere around that amount.

Joanne

Thanks for your help!

When DH & I were there last year the charge was $15 and it's worth more! Look forward to some of the most beautiful water you've ever seen before. Powdery white sand, ;) wish I were there now.........

Luv's Crusin'

Guest Crazeecat5

Is that price per person or just the whole cost of the clamshell? Do you purchase it on the ship or when you get to the island?

Will be there for the first time in a few weeks. Can't wait.....

Thanks.

can someone please tell me what this clam shell thing is that everyone is talking about? Thinking of doing the pride next year.

It is a tent like structure that folds up over two lounge chairs. Hopefully, someone will be able to post a picture for you.

420019A.jpg Enjoy your very own shady spot on the beach!

One Clamshell will cover up to two lounge chairs.

Add more excitement to your call on the private island of Half Moon Cay by arranging one or more rentals during your stay.

You can pre-arrange rentals through our Staff onboard at the Shore Excursion Desk, please see the desk for availability, or you may visit the watersports hut on the island.

I just got back Monday and at HMC get a clam shell past cabana 6. The rental area is between 5 and 6. The crowd thins out after that area. To get to the food court you go behind 9, up the stairs to a a small paved roadway Then towards the rental area and turn left and zig zag, 5 minute walk. Behind the number 9 cabana is a bathroom, very well kept. The shells were 15, cabana on Carnival $225, well worth it.

• 1 year later...
Is that price per person or just the whole cost of the clamshell? Do you purchase it on the ship or when you get to the island?

Will be there for the first time in a few weeks. Can't wait.....

Thanks.

I don't see an answer for the part of your question that asks about how or whether you can rent a clamshell in advance. Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks.

I don't see an answer for the part of your question that asks about how or whether you can rent a clamshell in advance. Let me know if you hear anything. Thanks.

Read post number 8...Can be purchased at cruise excursion desk....:)

@bobkamusician

I don't see an answer for the part of your question that asks about how or whether you can rent a clamshell in advance.
When we sailed with Holland America a couple of weeks ago, the clamshell rental was listed on the web site as an 'excursion' and I was able to reserve one weeks in advance by doing it online. It cost $14.00 for the day and will cover two beach chairs (already provided on the beach). They have some workers who set it up for you and you can come and go as you please all day. If Carnival doesn't have the online ordering option, there is a Waterfront Sports Shack right when you get off at HMC and there should be plenty of clamshells available. BTW, that is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to and I grew up on the beach here in So Cal.

Archived