I heard this on the radio...but I'm skeptical...

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:20 AM.
#1
Edmond, Oklahoma
755 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affil...ing_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation- 3.1999-Mexican Riviera
Adventure of the Seas- 6.12.2004-Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas- 6.3.2007-Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor- 3.15.2009- Another Western!
Navigator of the Seas-3.4.2010-Our Western Weekend Get-A-Way!
Carnival Destiny- 8.4.2011- Mother/Daughter Cruise to Key West and Cozumel!
Carnival Destiny- 6.30.2012-Boyfriend's first Cruise! Grand Cayman and Cozumel. GOT ENGAGED!
Freedom of the Seas-3.24.2013 Honeymoon Cruise!
Carnival Magic
-3.30.2014 Anniversary and first cruise with our baby!
Carnival Conquest-8.3.2014 Baby's Second Cruise and Summer Getaway!
Carnival Conquest-5.2.15 Late Anniversary Cruise and Baby's 3rd cruise! S. Caribbean
Allure of the Seas-10.23.16 Second baby's first cruise! First baby is now 3!
Jewel of the Seas-3.12.17- Southern Caribbean with our group of 11!




#2
183 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
The Bahamas Celebration is a new ship (actually a upgraded old ship, bought by a new company) and they are running commercials all over my area in South Florida. It seems interesting, and legit.
#4
Out West
1,612 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
They have promotions similar to that all over the place. Usually you get the lowest category, and if you want to upgrade it will be expensive. They count on people wanting to upgrade (without doing their homework and price compare).

I have a voucher like that sitting on my desk right now. Free 4 day cruise on Carnival. Just pay port taxes. With all the exclusions, I doubt I will use it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Celebrity Infinity 7/24/2016 Alaska (balcony cabin)
Carnival Breeze 07/04/2015 (balcony cabin 9474 aft) Southern Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 07/01/14 (balcony cabin 5179) Alaska
Carnival Valor 09/27/2009 (ocean view cabin 2335) Western Caribbean (Belize, Roatan). Got injured on this cruise that scared me enough to stop cruising for 5 years. No support from Carnival.
RCI Legend Of The Seas 07/10/08 Italy, Turkey, Greece, Egypt
RCI Freedom Of The Seas 09/16/07 (cabins 6330 and 6315) Western Caribbean (Jamaica)
Carnival Spirit 02/19/07 (cabins 7161 and 7159) Mexican Riviera (Acapulco)
Carnival Destiny 06/12/05 (cabin 8193) Southern Caribbean (Aruba)
RCI Explorer of the Seas 03/22/03 (cabin 9557) Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Elation 06/02/02 (cabin E39) Mexican Riviera (Puerto Vallarta)

Email Me!
#5
91 Posts
Joined May 2007
Originally posted by JordanLovesCruisin
I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affil...ing_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.

Probably Regal empress ship. Plus tips,and bahama depart taxes about $69 me think.
Maria
#6
minneola, fl
5,714 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
the Bahamas must really be suffering. They are offering more free stuff and discounted rates than ever this year.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/03 Carnival Fantasy (honeymoon cruise)



10/06 Carnival Glory (anniversary cruise)
01/07 Carnival Sensation (celebrating life)
09/07 Carnival Glory (yearly cruise)
02/08 Carnival Sensation (Valentines cruise)
10/08 Carnival Glory (5th anniversary cruise)
11/09 Carnival Miracel (yearly cruise)
7/10 Carnival Imagination (daughters 18th birthday cruise)
10/10 Carnival Dream (anniversary cruise)
3/15 Carnival Sensation (second Honeymoon) 11/17 Carnival Victory (BSFV/ANNIVERSARY)
11/18 Carnival Conquest (BSFV/2nd/Anniversary)
#7
Edmond, Oklahoma
755 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation- 3.1999-Mexican Riviera
Adventure of the Seas- 6.12.2004-Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas- 6.3.2007-Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor- 3.15.2009- Another Western!
Navigator of the Seas-3.4.2010-Our Western Weekend Get-A-Way!
Carnival Destiny- 8.4.2011- Mother/Daughter Cruise to Key West and Cozumel!
Carnival Destiny- 6.30.2012-Boyfriend's first Cruise! Grand Cayman and Cozumel. GOT ENGAGED!
Freedom of the Seas-3.24.2013 Honeymoon Cruise!
Carnival Magic
-3.30.2014 Anniversary and first cruise with our baby!
Carnival Conquest-8.3.2014 Baby's Second Cruise and Summer Getaway!
Carnival Conquest-5.2.15 Late Anniversary Cruise and Baby's 3rd cruise! S. Caribbean
Allure of the Seas-10.23.16 Second baby's first cruise! First baby is now 3!
Jewel of the Seas-3.12.17- Southern Caribbean with our group of 11!




#8
5,231 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I read the terms and conditions, and you can count on $59 port fees and taxes. Additionally, if sweet crude goes over $40 a barrel, you are also charged $9/pp per day. Inside staterooms only. It says one certificate per stateroom, so I'm guessing the other person has to pay full fare. And finally, you agree to be hounded by the travel company and "their partners" by phone and email into eternity regardless of whether or not you participate in the no-call list.

I didn't see anything about agreeing to a 2 hour time share pitch. I will say, however, that I have seen these ships in port and they are small - which translates to a rough ride.

It may be an adventure, but probably not one I would take advantage of.
#9
Edmond, Oklahoma
755 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by Timmys_mom
I read the terms and conditions, and you can count on $59 port fees and taxes. Additionally, if sweet crude goes over $40 a barrel, you are also charged $9/pp per day. Inside staterooms only. It says one certificate per stateroom, so I'm guessing the other person has to pay full fare. And finally, you agree to be hounded by the travel company and "their partners" by phone and email into eternity regardless of whether or not you participate in the no-call list.

I didn't see anything about agreeing to a 2 hour time share pitch. I will say, however, that I have seen these ships in port and they are small - which translates to a rough ride.

It may be an adventure, but probably not one I would take advantage of.

Youre right!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation- 3.1999-Mexican Riviera
Adventure of the Seas- 6.12.2004-Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas- 6.3.2007-Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor- 3.15.2009- Another Western!
Navigator of the Seas-3.4.2010-Our Western Weekend Get-A-Way!
Carnival Destiny- 8.4.2011- Mother/Daughter Cruise to Key West and Cozumel!
Carnival Destiny- 6.30.2012-Boyfriend's first Cruise! Grand Cayman and Cozumel. GOT ENGAGED!
Freedom of the Seas-3.24.2013 Honeymoon Cruise!
Carnival Magic
-3.30.2014 Anniversary and first cruise with our baby!
Carnival Conquest-8.3.2014 Baby's Second Cruise and Summer Getaway!
Carnival Conquest-5.2.15 Late Anniversary Cruise and Baby's 3rd cruise! S. Caribbean
Allure of the Seas-10.23.16 Second baby's first cruise! First baby is now 3!
Jewel of the Seas-3.12.17- Southern Caribbean with our group of 11!




#10
56,618 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by Maria&Roberto
Probably Regal empress ship. Plus tips,and bahama depart taxes about $69 me think.
Maria

Regal is gone as they had to dock the Regal Empress due to the requirements of Safety Of Life At Sea (SOLAS).

The company was replaced by Celebrations Cruise Lines, same folks, different.

The ship, the Bahamas Celebration, is a converted car ferry. It looks like they've done a fair job of converting her but the one review I read wasn't terribly impressive.

The 'free' cruise thing has you sitting through some time share promotion... ugh...

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mach
I cruise, therefore I am...
#11
High Desert, California, USA
5,927 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Originally posted by JordanLovesCruisin
I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affil...ing_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.
Click on the TERMS of this offer (left side of home page)

FREE, as you stated, but with $59 port and tax fees its says rather ambiguously. It also says $9.00 per day fuel supplement if oil is above $40 per barrel ! !

Later on there is mention of its 100% non-refundability, blackout dates, government taxes, service charges, Florida State Tax, gratuities.

In the grand scheme of things, Jordan, the commissionable part of a 2 day cruise (which is what your getting that's FREE) wouldn't be very much with a mainstream cruiseline compared to all the other costs you must add to this OFFER. Air from Oklahoma, transportation to the port and back, is going to be a major cost for such a short cruise.

Carmen Electra is better suited to bouncing along the beach than promoting cruise bargains. (love those blue eyes)

Caveat Emptor.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gary

Question with boldness . . hold to the truth . . . speak without fear.
LIMITED government . . . INDIVIDUAL freedom . . . FREE markets


Cruise Pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wearyeagle/sets/


Final good bye to the SPLENDOR February 24, 2018
Carnival Breeze - Cozumel,Belize,Honduras
Carnival INSPIRATION X2 - can't beat these prices, folks. Gotta do it again.
Carnival IMAGINATION X3- Ensenada, Catalina again
it never gets old. (26 miles across the sea)
PRINCESS STAR - Alaska, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, B.C.
Carnival MIRACLE X3- So Caribbean, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba and Mexican Riviera
Carnival SPLENDOR X 3 - Mexican Riviera BF & AF, sister of the Costa CONCORDIA
Carnival SPIRIT lower Mexican Riviera, Acapulco,Zihuantenejo/Ixtapa,Manzanillo
Carnival VICTORY X 2 Halifax, Nova Scotia - Cozumel, Panama, Montego Bay

Carnival LEGEND - Eastern Caribbean
Carnnival PRIDE X 2 Mexican Riviera PLATINUM !
Carnival GLORY X 2 Western Caribbean & Eastern Caribbean
Carnival ELATION X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival JUBILEE X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival TROPICALE X 3 Mexican Riviera
NCL SEAWARD Western Caribbean
PACQUET LINES (French ship disaster) LA to Vancouver
#12
NU
9,631 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by JordanLovesCruisin
I was driving this morning and heard Carmen Electra say that there was a free 2 day cruise offer...so I looked it up http://www.cruises-4-free.com/?affil...ing_id=80:2:US

I've never even heard of this cruise line! Couldn't find a board for it or anything (that's why I posted here). A free two day cruise sounds nice (it says all that needs to be paid is port fees). I'm very very skeptical about giving my info to them though. Has anyone else heard of this offer on their radio?

I know, an ad with Carmen Electra probably offers nothing valid or good, but as a broke, stressed out nursing student, a nice little get-a-way sounds amazing

Thank you in advance!! I'm just trying to not get...well..."screwed." For lack of a better word.

I heard it too.. but really didnt pay attention.. lol
#13
South Florida
832 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I would be skeptical too. How much do they want for the port charges? A friend recently tried to book a Carnival cruise using a 'free' certificate and as it turned out, after it was all said and done, I was able to get her a better deal booking online with Carnival than with her using the supposedly free certificate. Nothing is ever free in life (except upgrades, for those of you reading my other thread....)!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Skyward; CCL Tropicale; Dolphin Island Breeze; CCL Destiny; CCL Paradise; RCL Majesty of the Seas, CCL Victory; CCL Paradise; CCL Valor; Costa Mediterranea; RCL Explorer of the Seas; RCL Majesty of the Seas; CCL Liberty; RCL Majesty of the Seas; MSC Lirica; CCL Destiny; NCL Pride of America; NCL Sun; NCL Sun; CCL Imagination; CCL Splendor; CCL Destiny; Celebrity Equinox; CCL Dream; MSC Poesia; RCL Allure of the Seas; NCL Sky; NCL Epic; RCL Allure of the Seas; CCL Destiny; CCL Imagination; RCL Majesty of the Seas; CCL Breeze; CCL Imagination; Celebrity Reflection; CCL Ecstasy; NCL Getaway; CCL Victory; Celebrity Reflection; MSC Divina; Celebrity Silhouette; NCL Escape; Celebrity Equinox; NCL Sky; Celebrity Equinox

Booked: CCL Vista; NCL Getaway; MSC Seaside; NCL Bliss; NCL Getaway; NCL Bliss
#14
Edmond, Oklahoma
755 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by trock
I heard it too.. but really didnt pay attention.. lol
Hi Toni!! *waves*
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation- 3.1999-Mexican Riviera
Adventure of the Seas- 6.12.2004-Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas- 6.3.2007-Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor- 3.15.2009- Another Western!
Navigator of the Seas-3.4.2010-Our Western Weekend Get-A-Way!
Carnival Destiny- 8.4.2011- Mother/Daughter Cruise to Key West and Cozumel!
Carnival Destiny- 6.30.2012-Boyfriend's first Cruise! Grand Cayman and Cozumel. GOT ENGAGED!
Freedom of the Seas-3.24.2013 Honeymoon Cruise!
Carnival Magic
-3.30.2014 Anniversary and first cruise with our baby!
Carnival Conquest-8.3.2014 Baby's Second Cruise and Summer Getaway!
Carnival Conquest-5.2.15 Late Anniversary Cruise and Baby's 3rd cruise! S. Caribbean
Allure of the Seas-10.23.16 Second baby's first cruise! First baby is now 3!
Jewel of the Seas-3.12.17- Southern Caribbean with our group of 11!




#15
Edmond, Oklahoma
755 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Originally posted by glrounds
Click on the TERMS of this offer (left side of home page)

FREE, as you stated, but with $59 port and tax fees its says rather ambiguously. It also says $9.00 per day fuel supplement if oil is above $40 per barrel ! !

Later on there is mention of its 100% non-refundability, blackout dates, government taxes, service charges, Florida State Tax, gratuities.

In the grand scheme of things, Jordan, the commissionable part of a 2 day cruise (which is what your getting that's FREE) wouldn't be very much with a mainstream cruiseline compared to all the other costs you must add to this OFFER. Air from Oklahoma, transportation to the port and back, is going to be a major cost for such a short cruise.

Carmen Electra is better suited to bouncing along the beach than promoting cruise bargains. (love those blue eyes)

Caveat Emptor.
You're absolutely right. There is NO cheap air from Oklahoma . I'm coming to live by you in California so I won't be land locked!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Elation- 3.1999-Mexican Riviera
Adventure of the Seas- 6.12.2004-Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas- 6.3.2007-Western Caribbean
Carnival Valor- 3.15.2009- Another Western!
Navigator of the Seas-3.4.2010-Our Western Weekend Get-A-Way!
Carnival Destiny- 8.4.2011- Mother/Daughter Cruise to Key West and Cozumel!
Carnival Destiny- 6.30.2012-Boyfriend's first Cruise! Grand Cayman and Cozumel. GOT ENGAGED!
Freedom of the Seas-3.24.2013 Honeymoon Cruise!
Carnival Magic
-3.30.2014 Anniversary and first cruise with our baby!
Carnival Conquest-8.3.2014 Baby's Second Cruise and Summer Getaway!
Carnival Conquest-5.2.15 Late Anniversary Cruise and Baby's 3rd cruise! S. Caribbean
Allure of the Seas-10.23.16 Second baby's first cruise! First baby is now 3!
Jewel of the Seas-3.12.17- Southern Caribbean with our group of 11!




#16
NU
9,631 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by JordanLovesCruisin
Hi Toni!! *waves*
hey Jordan!

The ad reminded me of those Tanya Roberts commercials promoting Vegas

I just blocked it out!! LOL
#17
High Desert, California, USA
5,927 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Originally posted by JordanLovesCruisin
You're absolutely right. There is NO cheap air from Oklahoma . I'm coming to live by you in California so I won't be land locked!
40 minutes from 2 Carnival ships (SPLENDOR & PARADISE)
2 hours from 2 more Carnival ships (SPIRIT & ELATION)

It doesn't get any better.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gary

Question with boldness . . hold to the truth . . . speak without fear.
LIMITED government . . . INDIVIDUAL freedom . . . FREE markets


Cruise Pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wearyeagle/sets/


Final good bye to the SPLENDOR February 24, 2018
Carnival Breeze - Cozumel,Belize,Honduras
Carnival INSPIRATION X2 - can't beat these prices, folks. Gotta do it again.
Carnival IMAGINATION X3- Ensenada, Catalina again
it never gets old. (26 miles across the sea)
PRINCESS STAR - Alaska, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, B.C.
Carnival MIRACLE X3- So Caribbean, Grand Turk, La Romana, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba and Mexican Riviera
Carnival SPLENDOR X 3 - Mexican Riviera BF & AF, sister of the Costa CONCORDIA
Carnival SPIRIT lower Mexican Riviera, Acapulco,Zihuantenejo/Ixtapa,Manzanillo
Carnival VICTORY X 2 Halifax, Nova Scotia - Cozumel, Panama, Montego Bay

Carnival LEGEND - Eastern Caribbean
Carnnival PRIDE X 2 Mexican Riviera PLATINUM !
Carnival GLORY X 2 Western Caribbean & Eastern Caribbean
Carnival ELATION X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival JUBILEE X 3 Mexican Riviera
Carnival TROPICALE X 3 Mexican Riviera
NCL SEAWARD Western Caribbean
PACQUET LINES (French ship disaster) LA to Vancouver
#18
Orange County, CA
2,889 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by glrounds
40 minutes from 2 Carnival ships (SPLENDOR & PARADISE)
2 hours from 2 more Carnival ships (SPIRIT & ELATION)

It doesn't get any better.
It does.... I'm 1 hour from both ports. I live smack dab in the middle.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NEXT: Carnival Vista- Dec 30th- Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Inspiration- 2/17 *Our 1st Grand Suite!!* Baja Mexico, 3 day
Carnival Imagination-12/15 Baja Mexico (Catalina Island and Ensenada) 4 day
Carnival Freedom- 7/15 Exotic Western Caribbean (TX, Mahogany Bay, Honduras, Belize, Cozumel) 7 days
Carnival Splendor- 4/12 Mexican Riviera (Cabo x2 and Puerto Vallarta), 7 day
Carnival Paradise- 7/11 Baja Mexico (Los Angeles and Ensenada), 3 day
Carnival Elation- 11/09 Baja Mexico (San Diego, Catalina, Ensenada) 1st cruise with the kids!!, 4 day
Carnival Elation- 1/09 Baja Mexico (San Diego, Cabo, Ensenada), 5 day
Carnival Valor- 7/05 Eastern Caribbean- Inaugural Season (Nassau, St. Thomas/St. John, St. Martin), 7 day
Carnival Ecstasy- 3/04 Baja Mexico (Los Angeles, Catalina & Ensenada), 4 day
#19
Boston
1,109 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by MONTEL
I would be skeptical too. How much do they want for the port charges? A friend recently tried to book a Carnival cruise using a 'free' certificate and as it turned out, after it was all said and done, I was able to get her a better deal booking online with Carnival than with her using the supposedly free certificate. Nothing is ever free in life (except upgrades, for those of you reading my other thread....)!
But just think...

You could book the free cruise, then try to weasel your way into a free upgrade, based solely on whining about poor "customer loyalty" and flawed logic that they'd have an easier time filing your free inside cabin.

Just a thought.