Port Vila Wharf

Kiwi_cruiser

I wonder if its going to be a little like the wharf building at Noumea, with the stalls inside. I quite like that, and it would be good for the locals too, to get out of the heat. There are so many cruise lines stopping now, and they deserve a little comfort...very hard working people. Either way I hope it all works to Vilas advantage. Just love the place.

Jen

Thanks soooo much for the great pics. I thought i read on here somewhere a little while back that while the wharf was being buit you had to get tender?? which took you into middle of town? Maybe I am going silly but sure I read that. The pics clearly show the ship at wharf..Thanks again. Fiona x

yes it is all good but wait till japan calles in the favour on the tuna plant and the cocos .

What about the land.......resorts, Vila does have an airport to accommodate large aircraft.When we were there in may 09 the streetscapes and hotel development reminded me of Cairns when the Japanese discovered it.My prediction beware Broome and vila.

Cheers

Col:)

What about the land.......resorts, Vila does have an airport to accommodate large aircraft.When we were there in may 09 the streetscapes and hotel development reminded me of Cairns when the Japanese discovered it.My prediction beware Broome and vila.

Cheers

Col:)

just what and see what happens when they open the tuna proceesing plant in the harbour in port villa there is no epa over there.

Hope they leave room for the Stall vendors when it's finished Kiwi Cruiser?

I like those stalls and the music they play as you walk around the wharf.

Hope they do too.

Wow. They are really getting stuck into it aren't they. Does anyone know what their intentions are......ie tourism, eco-friendly?, or political? I just hope Vila isnt spoilt.

I think it’s just an upgrade to improve things (The old Wharf / building was not that great to look at) & to get more tourism.

I thought i read on here somewhere a little while back that while the wharf was being buit you had to get tender?? which took you into middle of town? Maybe I am going silly but sure I read that. The pics clearly show the ship at wharf..Thanks again. Fiona x

No your not going silly tassie cruiser, you did read that!,

I think it was just for one or two stop in Port Vila (I don’t think I have seen any other P&O or Princess Australia ship anchor in the bay since), as another ship (I think it may have been a cargo ship) needed the Wharf, and I think that cruise ship stayed in Villa for two days as they could not go to the Isle of Pines due to the swan flu.

Archived