Eastern Mediterranean Cruise (7 Ports) - ms Noordam (HAL) July 2009

Cornishpastyman1

These are my personal videos from a wonderful cruise. I enjoyed every port and have included a bit of history on each.

DUBROVNIK 2m:12s

Showing a walk around the old city walls and a great place for a cooling drink.

CORFU 2.02

The old town, a trip to the top of the Old Fort, the Esplanade and The Liston.

ANCIENT SANCTUARY OF OLYMPIA 3:24

The Palaestra, Temple of Hera, Altar of Hera, Temple of Zeus, the stadium and the Archaeological Museum.

SANTORINI 2:05

Caldera views, Donkeys, Perissa Beach and the Volcano and Hot Springs tour

EPHESUS 3:44

The famous site, including the Grand Theatre, Celsus Library and inside the Terrace Houses.

ATHENS 2:29

The Acropolis and a stroll around the State Agora.

MESSINA 1:59

The Piazza del Duomo and the famous 'show' at noon, plus a look at the Stromboli, a.k.a. the Lighthouse of the Mediterranean on the return to our embarkation port of Civitivecchia.

If you do this cruise or go to any of these places I hope you have as good a time as I did.

• 2 months later...
These are my personal videos from a wonderful cruise. I enjoyed every port and have included a bit of history on each.

DUBROVNIK 2m:12s

Showing a walk around the old city walls and a great place for a cooling drink.

CORFU 2.02

The old town, a trip to the top of the Old Fort, the Esplanade and The Liston.

ANCIENT SANCTUARY OF OLYMPIA 3:24

The Palaestra, Temple of Hera, Altar of Hera, Temple of Zeus, the stadium and the Archaeological Museum.

SANTORINI 2:05

Caldera views, Donkeys, Perissa Beach and the Volcano and Hot Springs tour

EPHESUS 3:44

The famous site, including the Grand Theatre, Celsus Library and inside the Terrace Houses.

ATHENS 2:29

The Acropolis and a stroll around the State Agora.

MESSINA 1:59

The Piazza del Duomo and the famous 'show' at noon, plus a look at the Stromboli, a.k.a. the Lighthouse of the Mediterranean on the return to our embarkation port of Civitivecchia.

If you do this cruise or go to any of these places I hope you have as good a time as I did.

Tony,

I have visited all of the ports from your Eastern Med Cruise except Corfu and Messina, so I especially enjoyed seeing these videos.

Your subtitles really add interest and provide historical information. The Godfather was a great choice of music for Messina.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

• 2 weeks later...

With a name like Cornishpastryman can I assume you live near Lands End in the county of Cornwall on the south-western peninsula of Great Britain?

If so, have you considered doing a video of the interesting tourist sites in your area? I think this would be of considerable interest to many Cruise Critic members.

Ron aka CruizerTwo

With a name like Cornishpastryman can I assume you live near Lands End in the county of Cornwall on the south-western peninsula of Great Britain?

If so, have you considered doing a video of the interesting tourist sites in your area? I think this would be of considerable interest to many Cruise Critic members.

Ron aka CruizerTwo

That's not a bad idea Ron. I live in St Ives, Cornwall, about 13 miles from Falmouth, which you've already covered. I'll definitely do one of St Ives and maybe a bit of Land's End. Cornwall is beautiful so I'll check where the cruise ships excursions go out of Falmouth and see what we can come up with.

• 4 weeks later...
That's not a bad idea Ron. I live in St Ives, Cornwall, about 13 miles from Falmouth, which you've already covered. I'll definitely do one of St Ives and maybe a bit of Land's End. Cornwall is beautiful so I'll check where the cruise ships excursions go out of Falmouth and see what we can come up with.

Pastyman: How is the video of St. Ives going! I'm anxious to see some of the sights around Cornwall.

Ron

• 5 months later...
Pastyman: How is the video of St. Ives going! I'm anxious to see some of the sights around Cornwall.

Ron

Hi Ron

St Ives is coming soon (ish) but this has a bit of Land's End

To be honest, whilst Land's End is a perfectly decent piece of coastland it is utterly unremarkable save for it being the part of the British mainland nearest America.

It has become a theme park and whilst I wouldn't dissuade anyone from choosing an excursion that includes it, what you see in that vid is it - there is nothing else there.

All the best,

Tony

Archived