Spirit 15day RT San Diego to Hawaii

tiggerman101

My partner and I have been waiting for them to release the Hawaii itinerary for Spring 2012. Looks like Carnival is trying out a RT route. Personally, I think it looks awesome and I know my partner will flip over the sea days before and after. Of course the price is pretty up there.

My partner and I have been waiting for them to release the Hawaii itinerary for Spring 2012. Looks like Carnival is trying out a RT route. Personally, I think it looks awesome and I know my partner will flip over the sea days before and after. Of course the price is pretty up there.

True...but 15-days and if you do the interior..you're loking at around/a little less than $100/day.

That was our only complaint about our Hawaii cruise.

We would have loved another 5 days after sailing 12 to return to the mainland. But actually, it was little more than the chance to unwind after an extensive 7 days of aggressive touring.

We were SO relaxed after being at sea for 5 1/2 days, that we never had a chance to breathe. I'll have to check this itinerary. I'm sure something had to be dropped to fit this into 15 days. Perhaps, the two overnights.

True...but 15-days and if you do the interior..you're loking at around/a little less than $100/day.

It is not a bad deal, just a bit of a sticker shock at the front end. We had planned on doing the 12 day from Ensenada to Honolulu. This should work for us. I noticed there is also a 15 day in December.

It seems Carnival is sticking with the 9 day route for the Spirit, That and alternating it with the 5 day cruise. Interesting decision since other ships have pulled out of the region. I still want to do a Mexican Rivera cruise and I do like the 9 day route.

I am just glad to see the dang Spirit itinerary released.

It is not a bad deal, just a bit of a sticker shock at the front end. We had planned on doing the 12 day from Ensenada to Honolulu. This should work for us. I noticed there is also a 15 day in December.

It seems Carnival is ticking with the 9 day route for the Spirit, That and alternating it the 5 day cruise. Interesting decision since other ships have pulled out of the region. I still want to do a Mexican Rivera cruise and I do like the 9 day route.

I am just glad to see the dang Spirit itinerary released.

I really want to hit La Paz..hoping to get onto one of those sailings. A rare opportunity.

We would have loved another 5 days after sailing 12 to return to the mainland. But actually, it was little more than the chance to unwind after an extensive 7 days of aggressive touring.

We were SO relaxed after being at sea for 5 1/2 days, that we never had a chance to breathe. I'll have to check this itinerary. I'm sure something had to be dropped to fit this into 15 days. Perhaps, the two overnights.

It did drop the two overnights for a total of 5 days in Hawaii. At least all of the port times are long (except the last one). It looks like a really relaxing cruise with a nice introduction to the Hawaiian islands. My partner is going to love it.

Have to laugh at the 3 hour stay in Ensenada to satisfy the Passenger Act.

Interesting also that the ship can make it in four days across the Pacific.

Personally, I liked the two days they gave us in Maui and Oahu. But I think I like the idea of a RT better.

We did the one way to HI in April on the Spirit. DW won't do that again due to the bus ride to Ensenada. This looks like a great cruise!!

Only thing I would change is to have an overnight in Maui and skip Honolulu. ;)

This is awesome, I was hoping I'd be able to do a RT Hawaii Cruise without switching cruise lines. I better save up and book because this one might sell fast. And hopefully I can get a future cruise deal for this itinerary while im on the Spirit in December.

Prices aren't bad AND you no longer need airfare to/from Hawaii.

Too bad about the silly required stop at any foreign port. Then there will be all the silly customs and immigration crap - but at least immigration shouldn't be required at the first port in Hawaii.

A shame there isn't a least one overnight and the arrival time in Honolulu may ensure a wait at Pearl Harbor. By then, the new visitors center will be open so ???

Actually, this is probably similar to the Princess and Holland America cruises that are currently available.

I, myself, prefer the B2B we have booked for this fall. Five plus sea days going and five plus sea days coming back, surrounding 13 days in the islands, and all of that for only $67.20 a day, after offsets, and including gratuities and taxes.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Actually, this is probably similar to the Princess and Holland America cruises that are currently available.

I, myself, prefer the B2B we have booked for this fall. Five plus sea days going and five plus sea days coming back, surrounding 13 days in the islands, and all of that for only $67.20 a day, after offsets, and including gratuities and taxes.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Actually, it's unappealling to me to do it twice in a row. I'd get a feeling of deja vu the whole second visit.

And it was a bargain for an outside room for $88/day.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

And I think that maybe you get to skip the Ensenada bus ride!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Well I would love to if I could take that much time off at once. I am sure you guys will have a great time! It is true that once you figure it all out then the whole thing is a pretty good deal. The savings on airfare alone is nice. I have had my deposit money put away for this trip for awhile now. It is just a matter of talking it over and seeing what we want to go for. $200 OBC from a FCC will be nice as well.

Unless I am totally missing something there are holes in the Spirits schedule. Mainly from the end of September to December 2011 and again after the one Hawaii cruise in December till January.

After Alaska in 2011 the Spirit is doing a three day CTN to LA. Then nothing is listed until the December 2 Hawaii cruise which is also RT from LA. Then you have nothing until January 20th 2012 when it starts doing the alternating 5 and 9 day routes from San Diego.

I wonder what is missing?

Unless I am totally missing something there are holes in the Spirits schedule. Mainly from the end of September to December 2011 and again after the one Hawaii cruise in December till January.

After Alaska in 2011 the Spirit is doing a three day CTN to LA. Then nothing is listed until the December 2 Hawaii cruise which is also RT from LA. Then you have nothing until January 20th 2012 when it starts doing the alternating 5 and 9 day routes from San Diego.

I wonder what is missing?

Maybe it will do the Exotic Mexican riviera to Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Manzanillo. I sure hope so beause that was my original itinerary this December 2010 and then they cancelled it.

Maybe it will do the Exotic Mexican riviera to Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Manzanillo. I sure hope so beause that was my original itinerary this December 2010 and then they cancelled it.

Why would it be going to LA then? Apparently it is spending a couple months there if it is ending the CTN from Vancouver there. Then you have the first 15 day Hawaii in December which is RT LA. Interesting.

Maybe it's doing the 5/9 day Mexican cruises it's doing this year but they haven't firmed up the port yet? If you look on the manage my booking pages drop down menu for spirit they have dates listed that are 5 and 9 days which times well with the 5 and 9 day cruises.

That's the same itinerary as the Golden Princess, islands are just not in the same order and the prices are better on the Spirit~ I'm so happy to see this cruise~!!

Me too! My Carnival PVP person called me today with the details. It's WAY cheaper than going on the Golden Princess!!! I have been busy all morning emailing the DH back and forth with the details, we've always wanted to go on a Hawaiian cruise:).....keep your fingers crossed for me:D

Archived