Pictures of Grand Turk

pghsteelerfan

Just a few pictures I got in Grand Turk from our cruise this past May. Sorry it took so long, but I've had trouble uploading pictures. With the much appreciated help of several other posters on CC, I finally figured it out.

This is the view of the cruise ship center from the ship

DSCF0486B.jpg

This was entering the Duty Free shops at the end of the pier

DSCF0466.jpg

A few pics of the cruise ship center & shops

100_7441.jpg

100_7444.jpg

Margaritaville

100_7447.jpg

100_7448.jpg

How did you get on the beach? Did you have to pay somewhere? Looks great!

As you walk off the pier you go through the duty free shop, exiting that, you hang a left or a right (main beach it to the left), walk a few yards, and you are there. After that, it is just a matter of how far up the beach you want to stroll. Aside from the cost of the cruise to get there, you do not have to pay anyone anything (but temptations to spend money abound).

I'm glad you all like the pics. Before we went I was looking everywhere for some pics and only found a few. Thank you.

Willie is correct - no charge to get on the beach, but the temptations are there. :) Probably why you have to go through the main Duty Free shop at the end of the pier. If you're planning on going to the beach and wanting a few drinks, Jack's Shack is much more reasonably priced than Margaritaville and the drinks are GOOD (and strong).

Great pics. Puts everything in perspective that people on this board have been discussion for a while - where is Jack's Shack in relation to the dock; what's to the right; what does the beach and pool look like; etc. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share.

Ed

Love your pictures, thanks for posting! We have to wait until next May 2011 for our turn to visit Grand Turk.:(

Sanibel*Gal, you're actually booked on the Valor trip we're looking at. My college daughter is jealous of us taking our other daughter on a cruise this Nov. so she is demanding equal time. I think she would LOVE Grand Turk and HMC so this is the one we're considering!

The photos are gorgeous!!

And you don't have to pay anything extra for the chairs and such? Just your drinks and food?

Sanibel*Gal, you're actually booked on the Valor trip we're looking at. My college daughter is jealous of us taking our other daughter on a cruise this Nov. so she is demanding equal time. I think she would LOVE Grand Turk and HMC so this is the one we're considering!

Great - The more the merrier - Jack's Shack looks like the perfect beach bar!:p

I noticed the photos of the Oasis Tours boats? Are these the ones that the ship uses for their tours? And they look like they may be a Margaritaville or the Cruise Center from the photos.

I've heard good things about the Ultimate Snorkel tour. Has anyone else done any of the other tours, like the Boat & Snorkel or the one where you swim with the stingrays and snorkel?

There would be one advanced swimmer but 3 not as strong swimmers, with 2 snorkeling for the first time.

I noticed the photos of the Oasis Tours boats? Are these the ones that the ship uses for their tours? And they look like they may be a Margaritaville or the Cruise Center from the photos.

I've heard good things about the Ultimate Snorkel tour. Has anyone else done any of the other tours, like the Boat & Snorkel or the one where you swim with the stingrays and snorkel?

There would be one advanced swimmer but 3 not as strong swimmers, with 2 snorkeling for the first time.

We took the Ultimate Snorkel trip and had a great time. I specifically recall the guides asking if there were weak or non-swimmers (there were a couple), but the guides worked with them, and from what I could see, they did not stray far from the boat. The water however, was calm. I was not aware of any current, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

• 1 month later...

Archived