Storm in Tasman Sea

mp17706

Yes, this is correct. There are several of us "regulars" that are currently on the Voyager. We had to abort port stops in Philip Island (where we were to see the Penguin Parade) and Melbourne. Instead Capt. Dag made the correct call and we came straight to Sydney. Thank goodness...it got worse after we changed course! Melbourne had the worst storm they've had in over 100 years. Several nights ago on our way to Philip Island we had a rough night with over 100 mph winds and 40 ft. swells. There was a lot of damage within the ship including broken dishes and glasses in La Veranda and unfortunately the baby grand piano in the Horizon lounge collapsed and broke. Luckily, we have a lower deck midship cabin and there was no damage or breakage...just lots of things falling off the vanity. It was a WILD ride for sure.

La Veranda reopened that evening and the ship is all ship shape again. Luckily, no structural damage to the ship. It worked out fine for us because it gave us 4 days in Sydney....the most gorgeous harbor I've ever seen!

. There was a lot of damage within the ship including broken dishes and glasses in La Veranda and unfortunately the baby grand piano in the Horizon lounge collapsed and broke.

La Veranda reopened that evening and the ship is all ship shape again. Luckily, no structural damage to the ship. It worked out fine for us because it gave us 4 days in Sydney....the most gorgeous harbor I've ever seen!

You are in Sydney, does Captain Dag just pull out his credit card and say "I will have a baby grand piano to GO"....:D:p

Serious question: Slinkie and Grumpy are on the world cruise on the Prinsendam. Grumpy said they got 1100 Internet minutes with their cruise. Did you get any.

Yes, this is correct. There are several of us "regulars" that are currently on the Voyager. We had to abort port stops in Philip Island (where we were to see the Penguin Parade) and Melbourne. Instead Capt. Dag made the correct call and we came straight to Sydney. Thank goodness...it got worse after we changed course! Melbourne had the worst storm they've had in over 100 years. Several nights ago on our way to Philip Island we had a rough night with over 100 mph winds and 40 ft. swells. There was a lot of damage within the ship including broken dishes and glasses in La Veranda and unfortunately the baby grand piano in the Horizon lounge collapsed and broke. Luckily, we have a lower deck midship cabin and there was no damage or breakage...just lots of things falling off the vanity. It was a WILD ride for sure.

Marcie, glad everybody is OK. Sounds like a good time for Duct Tape just to keep things attached. I remember a really rough night that we had in the Med a couple of years ago, but nothing anywhere near what you guys went through. We had to duct tape everything. Drawers that we opening and slamming shut, the shower door, the curtains that go around the bed. We were fine, but we had some pretty sick people that night.

Sydney sounds beautiful. That is on our to do list. I would love to see the pictures.

Archived