Oasis of the Seas Photo book

knawest8

I have seen several threads on here asking about the photo book you can make while onboard Oasis. I found this book to be an excellent value compared to $20 prints or the $300 cd. This way I was able to get all the photos I loved and wanted to share with friends/family for only $99! :D It is hardcover and includes a mixture of stock photos and those taken of my family around the ship. Now I will warn you that it took a little work on our part to make sure we had all the photos we needed to make the most of the book. I was surprised I had to actually hunt down a photographer, as they were virtually everywhere on my previous cruises. With that said...here are some examples from the book so you can see what your money gets you...Enjoy!

1140967266_xorGq-M.jpg

1140967480_D2zE2-M.jpg

1140967788_X5EeC-M.jpg

1140968029_qRoRz-M.jpg

1140968302_GDion-M.jpg

Thank you for the kind words! :)

I don't believe there is any kind of "limit" on how many times you can have your photo taken. However, you can only put so many pictures in your book. For example, the Nassau page would only allow for one family pic, while the Sports deck spread had like 4 or 5. I went on the first night to look at the book and wrote down what photos I needed.

All of our recent Oasis group looked at this book at the start of the week. We ran into a few problems. First; you can't always find a photographer in each area. (i.e. Central Park, Boardwalk, etc). On the promenade it was never a problem, other areas yes. Secondly, we felt we spent way to much time to start with trying to get ALL the different areas caught on photo. Believe me, we got a lot of photos but in the end, we still didn't have the 'exact' photo for each page of the book. It would have not been a good deal for us. I'm glad it worked out for someone. I really wanted the CD but at $350 a pop, no thanks. We ended up buying just separate photos plus I took over 400 myself. ;)

Your family is quite lovely by the way.

:D

Thank you for posting. I've only heard little tidbits. Can you give more detail on the pricing and what photos they use? I normally go pretty light on pictures because of their pricing, but this next cruise is our 30th anniversary and my wife and I have lost 200 lbs between us so I think we will be spending more on photos this time. Good thing I'm starting with $200 OBC. With this $99 do you get a specific number of photos to put in the book? Or can you grab any that are taken and turn out?

Yup, that's the same problem we were having. I ended up going to the photo place and telling them, "Look, I want to buy your photobook but I need pictures on the Boardwalk and no one has been out there." They had a schedule for each area and told me when I could find a photographer and where. Like I said, it took a little extra effort and maybe more than it should! I just knew I couldn't afford prints of all these pictures separately. To answer the other question, you can choose from all the pictures that have been taken, but only certain pictures can go on certain pages. It would be nice if they made this a little more flexible or added pages that you could put in "misc" pictures. There were some really great pictures that we ended up having to leave out because they didn't fit anywhere. With all that said, it was still a better value than 5 8x10 prints...

Yup, that's the same problem we were having. I ended up going to the photo place and telling them, "Look, I want to buy your photobook but I need pictures on the Boardwalk and no one has been out there." They had a schedule for each area and told me when I could find a photographer and where. Like I said, it took a little extra effort and maybe more than it should! I just knew I couldn't afford prints of all these pictures separately. To answer the other question, you can choose from all the pictures that have been taken, but only certain pictures can go on certain pages. It would be nice if they made this a little more flexible or added pages that you could put in "misc" pictures. There were some really great pictures that we ended up having to leave out because they didn't fit anywhere. With all that said, it was still a better value than 5 8x10 prints...

I'm curious, can we include all of those portrait pictures that are taken on formal nights in the photobook? Do they also include the photos taken by the ship's photographers when you leave the ship at each port of call? How about the ones from the Flowrider and Zipline? Happy New Year!

I'm curious, can we include all of those portrait pictures that are taken on formal nights in the photobook? Do they also include the photos taken by the ship's photographers when you leave the ship at each port of call? How about the ones from the Flowrider and Zipline? Happy New Year!

When we were on the Oasis there were NO pictures being taken at the Flowriders. I thought that was odd because on the Freedom they are taking pictures there every day.

We looked into the book but I wanted to be able to reprint pictures for family and be able to have a picture I can frame so we purchased the DVD. Yes, it was pricey but I was on vacation and I wanted every darn picture that was taken :D

Yes, yes, and yes! :) You can choose from any picture taken by any photographer. When you go up to the photo kiosk, you scan your seapass card and all the photos that match your family's photo taken upon boarding will be pulled up. I had another woman who looked oddly like me keep coming up, too. I just had to click on "Not in my party" or something like that and they were deleted. Most photos were also printed out and put in your designated folder. This seemed redundant and wasteful to me, but I dunno. Any other questions? :)

Oh about thw zipline and flowrider...they do not have a photographer stationed in either place. However, they are wandering around the sportsdeck and will happily follow you over there if asked.

Thanks for the information! Have a wonderful Happy New Year!

When we were on the Oasis, the picture had to match the place in the book or we were told they couldn't put it in. It wasn't a matter of picking any photo. We had tons of photos..just not in all the right locations. Result: No boardwalk photo taken, only RC photos on the Boardwalk page? It's sad that this is what they do so they lost out on 3 books from all of us due to it. The photographers aren't always where we were told they would be either.

• 1 year later...

The photo book costs $128.00. It can hold up to 34 pictures. I had one taken in Nassau. The Nassau page holds four pictures. So that is were

I ended up short. The book is worth it. I ended up with 31 pictures.

The Board walk page by the merry go around is a banner, that you stand by.

We poised at cental park in early evening were it is all lit up.

At the zip line there is a flash camera set up, taking everyone that does it.

That goes in the book automaticaly. You can view your book and change it.

I wasn't able to get the flowrider, but I heard the photographers were there.

You can ask the photo shop were they are taking photos. I did not get a schedule till later. Also there is a way to pull up all phots taken on the computer. I learned that too late. You can't buy post cruise photos.

I regret not getting more 8 x 10's. The pictures turn out extra good.

Archived