catamaran beach party?

connerss

We have done that excursion at least four times and have had a blast each time. After the snorkeling, you are taken to a private beach that is just paradise. There are hammocks, volleyball, some beach toys, and food is available for purchase. But the party really starts on the way back to the dock. Libations flow quite freely, the crew leads dancing, etc. I get a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Connerss, gosh I am getting jealous;) . I originally was supposed to go on your cruise but had 2 medical emergencies in December causing us to HAVE to postpone our trip. By the way, April 10 is my birthday so please put a extra smile:) on for me when you sail off!! We had to reschedule for 9/4/05 also on Elation, so please let me know how much fun you have :)....but cruising sometime is better than no time at all, that's what I keep telling myself!!! Have lots of fun, I really am excited for you!! Kelly

Thank you all for your responses....we have already booked the excursion and cannot wait. If anyone else has input please let us know. We like to hear it. If anyone will be on the same cruise let us know as well maybe we can enjoy the excursion together. Again thanks and look forward to April 10! :D

What a great pick for first time cruise. We did this excursion 3 times and you will love it. They had beer, rum punch and pop at beach, and for the ride back after you snorkled.They took some great pictures you could buy too.Great crew, we ended up dancing on deck sailing back to ship.

Enjoy

Cindy

Hi,

We did this excursion back in 2001 during our Carnival Sensation cruise. It was one of the best times we've had on a ship tour!

The tour was operated by Fury. The catamarans were docked right next to the ship so we just hopped right on. We did the morning tour, btw. They had 3 catamarans for the morning tour and both were packed. When you board, they hand you your snorkel gear and snap your photo. The snorkel site is within view of the ship and it wasn't a shallow area. The water was a little murkey but we did see fish. A photographer took our picture before we got back onboard.

Next, we set sail past the ship and headed toward the private island/beach area. They played loud music, poured umlimited rum punch, and everyone got up to dance and play limbo. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the water was crystal blue.

We arrived at the beach. Lots of mats and watertoys (kayaks, floats) were awaiting us on the beach. The photographer took another photo of us infront of the catarmaran. My husband played volleyball with some people from the boat. There was a bar and some basic food items for sale. The water was shallow and so clear.

We were sad when we had to leave, but the ride home was fun, too. I don't think I could walk a straight line after this tour. :-) On the ride home, the photographer came around and handed us our 3 photos (in 8x10 sizes) and asked if we wanted to purchase them. YES! They were really good! The price was moderate, too. See below!

fury.jpg

fury2.jpg

A++ for this tour~

We arrived back to the ship early afternoon, so we quickly changed out of our suits and headed to town. We went to a local bar (down an alley) and drank a bottle of Corona. The bartender didn't speak English but he was nice and gave us a free shot of tequila. We window shopped and then headed to Panchos restaurant to dine. AMAZING FOOD! After lunch we stopped at a city square and played soccer with some local children. On the way to the ship at the pier we bought some salsa verde, 1 bottle tequila and 2 bottles of kahlua.

children.jpg

Cozumel is so much fun. We are returning in November & can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done the later version of this? We'll be on this excursion from the Fascination on May 11 and have reservations for this excursion from 5pm - 9pm, figured sun should be up for most of the time still, but any input would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any new info on this excursion, We will be on it during the may 7th cruise with Glory and I would also like to know if it is the 3.5 hours it says or does it end up being longer?

PDsandman....I used to work for Fury so I can tell you that like most catamarans, it's a very comfortable ride (28 ft beam) and there's tons of shade and seating.

Keep a lookout for the flying fish that the boat scares up...those suckers glide a looong way! If you're lucky, you'll be able to see Mahi-mahi bouncing along behind them trying to gobble 'em up, and the Frigate birds trying to snatch them from above!

Here's a pic of one of the cats at the private beach you'll go to: http://www.furycat.com/lobster_beach2big.jpg

bac2me...Sometimes goes 15 min. more if there's a lot of people onboard....

bac2me...We, (wife and 2 children ages 14 and 12) just recently took this excursion on April 19. Charlie and his crew on the Fury were great !!!(My wife thought "Nacho" the photographer, reminded her of Johnny Depp) We took the 2pm and arrived back near the pier around 6:00pm (but had to wait for the Imagination to pull out so we could not dock till around 6:15 or so.....lucky us).

After snorkling and and the private beach, the real party started. The crew had most of the people dancing on board. They then started a Conga line where everyone was given a mouthful squirt (or more) from pre-mixed bottles of margaritas. The line snaked around the entire bottom of the Catamaran. We continued to get the mouthful squirts until they finally ran out of margarita's. I actually lost count of the amount of shots we all took. Charlie and his crew did an incredible job in providing a memorable experience for all. You will have a great time on this excursion.

My family and I did this excursion 2 years ago when we were on the

Inspiration and LOVED IT!! It has all the perfect elements for a good time,

snorkel, beach, beer and a great sail! We are considering doing this

again in December when we're there on Splendor.

Inspiration 03

Destiny 04

40th BDay in SPLENDOR December 05

I second can't-wait-2-cruise-again's opinion of this tour!!!!!! We did the tour two years ago and it was great!!! Great catamaran ride, snorkeling, relaxing beach, volleyball and you can buy burgers at the beach..they were good or we were hungry...lol.........partying all the way back! Great excursion if you want to have fun! The only reason I wouldn't book this excursion is if you had little children and didn't want them around the drinking (partying) atmosphere.

PDsandman01... Like I mentioned in my previous post, we just went on this excursion last week (Apr 19). The snorkel time was about 45 minutes or so.. We stayed at the beach for about 1 hour. There are kayaks available for use while at the beach also (free). There are also some horses that you can ride on the beach, I believe they were $40.00 for 25 minutes.

Archived