Cove balcony

Cruisin 4 Ever

Its called a in hull balcony elsewhere. Strangely enough when I was pricing Cunard, the inhull balconys are hardly more than a OV, very cheap and not popular. I guess because on Carnival they are new with a new name they are such a hit ... plus the regular balconys above the promenade area have obstructed views.

It has more metal enclosing the balcony, so it is more enclosed.

Having had a Cove on the Dream I can tell you that the best way to understand a Cove cabin is by seeing it from the outside. This is a picture of my balcony on the Dream...

Dream019.jpg

Yes, it is a bit more enclosed but this has a few benefits... it's more private. It's impossible for your neighbor to peer around the division between the balconies. It's more secure. Should a large wave slap the side of the ship during very bad conditions the steel plate of the hull would handle the pounding nicely, the Plexiglas of a standard balcony would not be able to withstand the abuse.

We found, that due to the lower cut outs that you can see in the picture, the view from a seated position is actually better than from a normal balcony cabin.

:)

Yes, it is a bit more enclosed but this has a few benefits... it's more private. It's impossible for your neighbor to peer around the division between the balconies. It's more secure.

Mach, can you tell us if the dividers open on the Coves? We have 2 booked side by side on the Magic, and were wondering if they can open up like some of the regular balcony dividers.

Thanks!

Thanks Mach, I am debating between the Magic or the Voyager in March and was leaning towards the Voyager (The extra costs from Houston was the main reason). I didn't think the Cove balcony would be worth having so I can now figure in the lower cost over a reg balcony. I may end up on Carnival after all.

One question. Are the Cove Balconies the same size as the Reg Balconies? Celebrities Millinium Class Ships have a Sweet 16 Balcony that is larger because of the lower location. I was wondering if this ship had a similar setup.

Mach, can you tell us if the dividers open on the Coves? We have 2 booked side by side on the Magic, and were wondering if they can open up like some of the regular balcony dividers.

Thanks!

The partition on our cabin was actually the weather door that's closed when conditions are very bad so, no, it could not be opened. Here's a picture...

Dream066.jpg

From the descriptions that Carnival provides for the Magic none of the Cove balcony partitions open. Some folks have said that their's opened on the Dream but ours certainly wasn't one of them...

Thanks Mach, I am debating between the Magic or the Voyager in March and was leaning towards the Voyager (The extra costs from Houston was the main reason). I didn't think the Cove balcony would be worth having so I can now figure in the lower cost over a reg balcony. I may end up on Carnival after all.

One question. Are the Cove Balconies the same size as the Reg Balconies? Celebrities Millinium Class Ships have a Sweet 16 Balcony that is larger because of the lower location. I was wondering if this ship had a similar setup.

The Coves are exactly the same size as any other standard balcony cabin with the wonderful benefit of that amazing view!!!

Question about the cove balconies... i see they are situated under the dining room and galley. Do you hear any noise from them? Or just at certain times of day? Also if you do hear noise, is it better to be under the dining room as opposed to the galley (or vice versa)?

I just talked to my sister today and she's all for the cove balcony so it looks like this will be it for us!

The regular balconies are 35 sq feet and the coves are 45 sq feet a little larger but the rail and hull are on a slant so it doesn't feel much larger.

Question about the cove balconies... i see they are situated under the dining room and galley. Do you hear any noise from them? Or just at certain times of day? Also if you do hear noise, is it better to be under the dining room as opposed to the galley (or vice versa)?

I just talked to my sister today and she's all for the cove balcony so it looks like this will be it for us!

We had a cove on the Dream cabin number 2349. We chose this cabin specifically since it was not under the galley since I had read on here about noise at all hours of the night. We were under the very forward part of the dining room and didn't hear a peep.

DW and I were in 2193 on the Dream and we didn't hear any noise, except the ocean. On the cove balcony you can really feel the ocean. And we were right above where the harbor pilots get on and off the Dream, so that was fun to watch.

The cove balconies are so nice!! Both my mom & brother had a cove balcony. I would visit my mom's cabin often & even though I loved my cabin, I was secretly jealous of her daily views. She spent a lot of time on the balcony, my brother & his girlfriend as well. I'm sure enjoying some room service breakfast is excellent & more enjoyable on the balcony, looking out into the horizon. Ahhh.. I want a cove balcony now on my next cruise!! :)

Archived