steakhouse tipping

mrmet1986

On the Carnival website it states that a gratuity is included in the extra $30/pp cost of the meal, but I'm certain that any extra that you deemed appropriate would not be declined.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

i was thinking 5 a person. ill feel good giving something too im sure. i will book for the first night hopeing it wont be busy. that way our 8 month old wont bother anyone. if he cries ill get a togo dinner

Dinner will easily take 2 1/2 hours. I think you might consider doing this when your little one is older.

OP, the steakhouse does not include a soda, that is an extra charge and I don't believe refills are free.

Also I would go to the Carnival website and research the Steakhouse a little more, they ask you allow 2 1/2 hours for your meal. I think an 8 month old would be a pretty big imposition on the other people trying to enjoy the special ambience of the steakhouse.

I think they do have some babysitting services on the ship.

Carole

i was thinking 5 a person. ill feel good giving something too im sure. i will book for the first night hopeing it wont be busy. that way our 8 month old wont bother anyone. if he cries ill get a togo dinner

Out of respect to others please do not bring a baby to the steak house.

I think they do have some babysitting services on the ship. Carole

carnival does not offer babysitting for under 2.

But I have to agree with other posters-

the steakhouse is not a place for an 8 month old. Even on the first night.

if hes sleeping i dont see the problem. if hes noisy i would leave. plus on the first night ill try getting a table off in a corner or something

The Steakhouses aren't that big, so he would be heard. Your baby's schedule will likely be messed up due to the cruise, and he may be crankier than normal. The Steakhouse is a relaxing atmosphere...don't spoil it for yourself and others by bringing a baby, please. I LOVE babies, but they won't be happy in the Steakhouse.

The Steakhouses aren't that big, so he would be heard. Your baby's schedule will likely be messed up due to the cruise, and he may be crankier than normal. The Steakhouse is a relaxing atmosphere...don't spoil it for yourself and others by bringing a baby, please. I LOVE babies, but they won't be happy in the Steakhouse.

Well said....We like going the first night for the free bottle of wine.

Im sure baby is well behaved, but do be forewarned,,, the dinner service is Very LONG...2/3 hours in the SteakHouse... thats a long time for even the best behaved 8mo old...

OP, .

I think they do have some babysitting services on the ship.

Carole

carnival does not offer babysitting for under 2.

Carnival DOES offer services, Playtime and Babysitting (for a fee) Only after 10pm (and before Noon on port days) for under 2s.

im wondering if your expected to tip in the steakhouse. i know some may say that if they are really good to tip them , but when i usually go out to eat as long as they keep my soda refilled often im happy. so anyways do you tip ?

The gratuity is included in the $30 fee, some people add to it, others don't.

Archived