Is there free WIFI at Margaritaville, which side is the sandy beach? Gibbs Cay info?

gam888

Does anyone know if there is free Wifi at Margaritaville? If not, is there free Wifi at any other places? I heard that there is free Wifi at Jack Shacks? Is the sand soft in front of Margaritaville and Jack Shack? I heard one side of the beach from where you get off is better than another. If you are walking on the pier towards the welcome center, is the beach on the right side or the left side better? Thinking of the Gibbs Cay stingray adventure. We have done the stingray encounter in Grand Cayman and loved it, stingrays were plentiful there. Has anyone done the Gibbs Cay stingray tour, are there a lot of stingrays swimming round freely or there is only 2 or 3 ? Is the water crystal clear and calm there? We will be there in January, wonder if the water is warm enough?

Does anyone know if there is free Wifi at Margaritaville? If not, is there free Wifi at any other places? I heard that there is free Wifi at Jack Shacks? Is the sand soft in front of Margaritaville and Jack Shack? I heard one side of the beach from where you get off is better than another. If you are walking on the pier towards the welcome center, is the beach on the right side or the left side better? Thinking of the Gibbs Cay stingray adventure. We have done the stingray encounter in Grand Cayman and loved it, stingrays were plentiful there. Has anyone done the Gibbs Cay stingray tour, are there a lot of stingrays swimming round freely or there is only 2 or 3 ? Is the water crystal clear and calm there? We will be there in January, wonder if the water is warm enough?

Beach on left side is nicer. Margaritaville is about 50 yards away on left, Jack's Shack another maybe 1/4-mile down. Looked like Jack's Shack had wifi - we didn't have laptops but ship's crew there did - great drinks and fabulous jerk chicken. We were there last day of Nov., ocean a little cool at first (we were there at 8 a.m.) but as day got warmer the water was great.

The wifi is much better @ Margaritaville.

Go through the Trading Post, and as soon as you step out there are some painted Adarondak (sp) chairs to the right to sit, if you don't want to sit at the bar or at a table and order anything.

I just sat on the steps and got a great signal.

There is also another beach bar just before Jacks with better wifi and cheaper beers.Wifi at Jacks is only in a small back room inside.

Archived