5 in cabin

emjay

Yep, we normally are 3, but are taking friends next time and am trying to find the cheapest way to house 5. Seems two rooms on some ships are cheaper than getting a suite? Will any insides hold 5? ANyone cruise with 5 on the cheap before?

I think 5 in a suite is totally worth it for the extra room and extended balcony! I'm disappointed that We won't be able to do it again on the conquest.

My husband and I were in the king bed, my tween twins on the sofa bed and my teen on the cot. During the day when everything was put away, there was plenty of space. At night it was a bit crowded but the balcony was like an extra room.

Adult quiet sexy time depended on when the kids were at camp carnival.

Once the interior across the hall had 5 and, wow, that was something to see. When the cot was in there, there was not an inch to spare... It was hard even for the cabin steward to turn the beds down for the night.

It can be done, but man it is the definition of togetherness... :eek:

our first cruise we did an inside cabin on the sensation with 5 of us (we saved over 700.00 doing that.

we were in the cabin to sleep. we used the gym area to shower and dress.

we had a ball. if it was that bad I dont think we woulda taken another cruise and here we are obooked for number 16.

Has anyone done 5 in a cabin? The Ecstasy shows that 5 can go into the Grand Suite. Just curious how the sleeping arangements are and how crowded was it.

I have. There were bunk beds on the sides and a twin bed under the window. It was crowded, but not at all unbearable.

Thanks everyone, it isn't much of a price difference between a regular balcony and the Grand Suite. We have had 4 in the suite before but it sounded like they have a pull out couch that makes a double bed then another couch that was a single. I was wondering if they had to bring in a cot. Is the cot comfortable?

On the fantasy, my kids were smaller and opted to sleep three sideways on the pull out sofa. Lol. On the triumph, the sofa made a double bed and then the steward rolled in a cot every night. My son said it was "ok" but not great. In other words, I think for a child the cot is ok, but if I was a paying adult, both the sofa and the cot would be a bummer.

On that interior I mentioned, the layout was two bunks,, a single under each bunk and the cot in the middle of the two twin beds.

We've done 5 to a room in an interior room on elation and paradise and soon to be inspiration . It's a tight fit but we do not plan on being in our room except to sleep. So it does not bother us at all. When it's just DW with me we get the balcony and spend more time in the room enjoying the balcony.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Has anyone done 5 in a cabin? The Ecstasy shows that 5 can go into the Grand Suite. Just curious how the sleeping arangements are and how crowded was it.

We had 5 in one cabin on both the Carnival Victory and on the Carnival Triumph. The sleeping arrangements included two beds that convert into a King, one upper bunk, sleeper sofa and a trundle bed that would be pulled out on the floor next to the sleeper sofa. Since the trundle bed was pulled out at night, we did not find it to be that crowded. We were mostly in the room for sleeping anyway--just think of it as camping out!

In looking into cabins for our upcoming cruise this summer, we discovered the Carnival Dream offers "family-quint" cabins that accomodate 5. These cabins also have two baths. However, we found these cabins to be more expensive than getting two adjacent cabins. We ended up booking a cruise on the Carnival Legend. Since this ship does not offer staterooms that could accomodate 5, we ended up booking two adjacent cabins.

I have attached two photos from our previous cruises showing how our cabin was arranged for sleeping 5.

Our stateroom for 5 on the Carnival Victory

CarnivalVictoryCruise594.jpg

Room for 5 on the Carnival Triumph

IMG_0185.jpg

We have done 5 women in one room on the Inspiration. Ocean view room ~ King bed, bed above it, and a bed on the opposite wall that was over the cot. And yes, I love the cot I think it's super comfy. I love all of Carnival's bedding. I don't have a picture of the "room" ~ but here are a couple where you can see some of the room in the background. Sorry there's people in the way, lol

This is during the day with the bunk beds tucked away:

IMG_4396-1.jpg

Bed pulled down

IMG_4602-1.jpg

This is the best picture I have where you can see both beds pulled down

IMG_4603-2.jpg

That may not help at all.. but I hope it does a little bit!!

I totally recommend it because it saved us SO MUCH MONEY. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!!! :)

We have done five in a room on several occasions....

Best Scenario.....

Carnival Dream - Ocean View Family Stateroom. King Bed, 2 Bunks and Convertible Sofa. Bath and 1/2. Plenty of Room.

Great - Triumph and Victory Balconies. King Bed, Bunk, Convertible Sofa and Roll away. Great to have the Balcony to have some Privacy.

Good - Glory - Ocean View .. King Bed, Bunk, Sofa and Rollaway.

BAD>> Inspiration Ocean View - 185 Sq Feet with Bunks right above our head. TIGHT and Cramped. We had a great time this cruise, but if we go on this class again, we will get two cabins!!

Catrin

• 1 month later...

You didn't mention the age of those staying in the room but we did 5 in the Grand Suite on the Imagination. It was myself, DH, daughter 7 and twin boys 4. Not sure I could do the Grand Suite if the kids couldn't sleep on the sofa bed together (think queen size bed because my 3 had PLENTY of space). Dh and I slept in the regular bed and kids on the sofa. I am not sure where they could put in a cot and still access the balcony when cot is in use. We had plenty of space and even told our cabin steward not to worry about putting the sofa bed back into a sofa during the day, we left it as a bed the entire time. We are balcony snobs but our kids are to young for their own balcony cabin so for now the GS works for us...

Here is a review of our 5 in the GS on Imagination. The first 3 pics show the cabin and balcony. When the sofa is open the chair and coffee table take up the rest of the wall width (doesn't interfere with the area by the balcony door or walking area...still had more than enough space with it open). When looking at the balcony pic I would say there was another 2 feet of balcony BEHIND where I took the pic and the kids enjoyed playing with their toys there (just to give an accurate idea of balcony size)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500811

Archived