Pics of Infinity AQ/11th port/starboard balconies?

Islander500

I have been following many threads since December but have still not found clear pics of the AQ deck 11 port and starboard side balconies and cover/overhangs. I'm trying to get a sense of the size of the balcony and how much of the balcony is covered. I like mostly shade on my balcony, but would prefer something less than the large, extended overhang on 9th deck AQ cabins.

We are planning a Panama Canal cruise in 2013 and have pretty much the pick of cabins, so would like to make an informed choice. ;)

Thanks all....

I have been following many threads since December but have still not found clear pics of the AQ deck 11 port and starboard side balconies and cover/overhangs. I'm trying to get a sense of the size of the balcony and how much of the balcony is covered. I like mostly shade on my balcony, but would prefer something less than the large, extended overhang on 9th deck AQ cabins.

We are planning a Panama Canal cruise in 2013 and have pretty much the pick of cabins, so would like to make an informed choice. ;)

Thanks all....

Found these in a similar quest (they are mostly Summit...but same as Infinity)

These links show new Aqua aft stateroom 1130

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w...0/DSCN0641.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-n...0/DSCN0640.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m...0/DSCN0639.JPG

The first photo attached below is X's grouping of 3 which shows the before (Fun Factory on 11 above Aft Bar) during (construction of Aqua staterooms) after (new AFT balconies on 11 above Aft Bar 1130 is the one most to the right) process.

the others are from various CC member posts (the next to last one shows the exterior stairs from the AFT Bar on 10 going up to the deck11 staterooms through an entrance just to the right of 1130 balcony.. and the last photo is yet another view of 1130 balcony..)

Hope these help

1195637491_SummitNEWstaterooms.jpg.bbb16b1da4c953a6c9a1cd638f5622fc.jpg

1976664956_aquaclassaftstarboard.jpg.3dd08feda9b8862eab6a65d118bbcac6.jpg

1358308759_AquaClassSummitSolticizedAftPortsideview.jpg.f9821b1684c065669f8db912a6f0188d.jpg

415125892_SummitDeck11AFTExteriorViewofnewstateroombalconies2.jpg.abe1d6930c9144aa36a6da800f01e8cc.jpg

543367494_SummitDeck11AFTExteriorViewofnewstateroombalconies.jpg.2bd63a217a6248ced1c393be7a2d28c3.jpg

Thank you. Those were helpful.

Would also like to hear from someone who has stayed in those cabins about the size of the balcony, and if on a very recent cruise, whether the footstools have now been added.

Also, it looks from the exterior pics that there is some cover but not much. Would appreciate more info from someone whose been there about how far over the actual balcony the cover extends.

Thank you. Those were helpful.

Would also like to hear from someone who has stayed in those cabins about the size of the balcony, and if on a very recent cruise, whether the footstools have now been added.

Also, it looks from the exterior pics that there is some cover but not much. Would appreciate more info from someone whose been there about how far over the actual balcony the cover extends.

Haven't been on it yet but found these overhang photos

This one from 12 looking down to 11

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219261&d=1327333811

And side looking aft http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219260&d=1327333811

Agree its doesnt look like much cover from the elements ..but at least strollers on deck 12 cant see down..and for me better than the full overhang on deck 9 as seen here on the stRboard view

Haven't been on it yet but found these overhang photos

This one from 12 looking down to 11

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219261&d=1327333811

And side looking aft http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219260&d=1327333811

Agree its doesnt look like much cover from the elements ..but at least strollers on deck 12 cant see down..and for me better than the full overhang on deck 9 as seen here on the stRboard view

Or kooking upward here in the second photo

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32454204&postcount=27

Avid - You found a couple of pics I hadn't seen. THANKS! :D

I really like shade in the balcony, but don't want to feel confined with such a close - we are both tall - and oversized overhang. On recent Millie cruise, I tried to get into one of the 9th deck cabins to see the balcony overhang firsthand. Not successful, though.

If not for Blu, I'd just reserve an 8th deck CC cabin. As of right now, I'm leaning toward 11th deck AQ.

Here is the best photo I have found of the decks on the side of the ship. Note that this is during the reno so they are not quite done.

Thanks to Boog for posting the photo back in December. I will also post this as a new thread since its so hard to find.

9313.jpg

We stayed on aft port deck 11 Aqua balcony (1136) in Summit a few weeks back..loved the relative privacy and quiet of the hallway, etc... but balcony seemed narrower than the standard. Our feet touched the edge of the balcony when we were seated in the deck chairs. Seemed to be slightly less shade in general than other lower deck verandahs. We were concerned about lack of privacy due to open deck and railing above, but not a problem at all because the railing of the deck above was set back and the overhang of the verandah provided privacy.

Panama Canal always a fabulous itinerary...might be fun to observe transit from private place higher up...but to us, the verandah seemed smaller than the standard balcony verandah.

We stayed on aft port deck 11 Aqua balcony (1136) in Summit a few weeks back..loved the relative privacy and quiet of the hallway, etc... but balcony seemed narrower than the standard. Our feet touched the edge of the balcony when we were seated in the deck chairs. Seemed to be slightly less shade in general than other lower deck verandahs. We were concerned about lack of privacy due to open deck and railing above, but not a problem at all because the railing of the deck above was set back and the overhang of the verandah provided privacy.

Panama Canal always a fabulous itinerary...might be fun to observe transit from private place higher up...but to us, the verandah seemed smaller than the standard balcony verandah.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have issues with noise and/or drifting smoke?

On Summit's solticzed Deck plan 1136 is the end Aquaclass. Stateroom Starboard. 1139 is port side and most likely impacted by aft bar smoke imho:o

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have issues with noise and/or drifting smoke?

Can report our experience on this particular cruise, but as you might imagine, could vary for each individual cruise...

We are very sensitive to smoke and no problems...we were also starboard.....One person with a cigar on deck above may have changed that impression...

We had concerns that the aft lido bar/al fresco dining venue would be noisy, at least by day....there was one early evening where it was a bit noisy, otherwise no problem...Of course one "rowdy" group that decides this is their favorite spot can change that...Again, it might vary from cruise to cruise...

• 4 weeks later...

We have cabin # 1130 celebrity summit booked for Jan 2013. It will be our first cruise and we hope that the sunset bar won't be an issue with noise.

We had heard that aft cabins seem to have larger balconies and we hope

this is a spot where we enjoy the views from the top of the ship. Hoping we

don't get seasick. If so what do people recommend to take on board?

Linda

We have cabin # 1130 celebrity summit booked for Jan 2013. It will be our first cruise and we hope that the sunset bar won't be an issue with noise.

this is a spot where we enjoy the views from the top of the ship. Hoping we

don't get seasick. If so what do people recommend to take on board?

Linda

My post #2 above includes photographs of 1130 and its balcony and from below looking up

I do envy you as its been my most covted cabin but I couldnt get it for my cruise and had to settle for one on the starboard side

I believe that in selecting this cabin, as well as 1141 at the other end, one ought to recognize that a certain amount of privacy will be relinquished, given the bar patrons below and the likelyhood of other deck 11 guests using the exterior stairs to access the aft bar abd buffet. Personally speaking I am fine with it as my own waterfront rear balcony at home overlooks the waterfront which has an adjacent public walkway . So we are used to spending our summer season sunning, cooking eating and relaxing with passerby strangers gawcking from time to time. I dont find it to be a problem and it seems a small price to pay for the great view...which in your place I am sure to love.

Regarding motion sickness..we've cruised high aft on nearly half our 20 cruises and never head a problem. The stabilizers on these large ship are great but in a particularly bad storm howver, no place on the ship is safe. :eek:

As a first time cruiser do check out some of the recommended motion sickness precautionary actions here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000709/

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

this is a spot where we enjoy the views from the top of the ship.

Linda

Has anyone heard anything about how much larger 1130 AQ balcony is? We have this booked for a B2B next May and want to make sure that it is, in fact, larger than the port and starboard ones.

Thanks for anyone who knows.

Has anyone heard anything about how much larger 1130 AQ balcony is? We have this booked for a B2B next May and want to make sure that it is, in fact, larger than the port and starboard ones.

Thanks for anyone who knows.

I do believe that 1140 is the largest balcony on the aft. I would grab that one right away if it is available. This balcony extends out. The other balconies on either sides are a bit smaller and the end balconies are smaller than those. From what I have read 1130 is a great cabin to have but the prime one is 1140. There is lots of information on CC about these cabins. I think that most would agree that 1140 is the largest balcony.

I do believe that 1140 is the largest balcony on the aft. I would grab that one right away if it is available. This balcony extends out. The other balconies on either sides are a bit smaller and the end balconies are smaller than those. From what I have read 1130 is a great cabin to have but the prime one is 1140. There is lots of information on CC about these cabins. I think that most would agree that 1140 is the largest balcony.

I am glad to say that I was able to book cabin 1140 for our Feb 2014 Antarctic cruise. (I instructed my TA to book this particular cabin as soon as X opened the booking on April 10. And she did, though she had to get up early than her normal time to do it for me. I was very happy)

Ricky

I have seen some pics of the balcony for cabin 1140 on the web. I am new to this cruise critic site so I am unable to find and paste them for you in this reply. I either saw them on this site or do a search on the internet and you should find the pics. The balcony seems quite larger actually.

I was able to find the pics on cruise critic-They were posted by Toronto Guy in January of this year. There are some great pictures of the cabin and balcony, it looks like you have a great spot on the ship.:)

Archived