Picture of Infinity Aqua Class Deck 11 deck for rooms on side (not aft) of ship

SNEEGLE

aftbalconies.jpg

"The aft balconies are "shaping" up like this. I extended the balconies on cabins 1138, 1140, and 1141 based on the pics I've seen so far. I did an overlay of deck 11 and deck 10. Not to scale, of course."

Credit to Mr. Julius - awesome job!

We are booked on the Millennium to Alaska with 2 rooms on the port side nearer the middle, 1113 and 1111. I have found out that we can open the balcony door between the rooms, good. And that smoking is on the port side of the bar underneath, bad. I am hoping we are far enough away from aft to be bothered by the smoke.

I have also heard that there is more motion up there, for anyone who has been to Alaska and the inside passage, will this be a problem?

We are booked on the Millennium to Alaska with 2 rooms on the port side nearer the middle, 1113 and 1111. I have found out that we can open the balcony door between the rooms, good. And that smoking is on the port side of the bar underneath, bad. I am hoping we are far enough away from aft to be bothered by the smoke.

I have also heard that there is more motion up there, for anyone who has been to Alaska and the inside passage, will this be a problem?

The wonderful photo (thanks so much to op) on post #3 above depicts the first and second stateroom balconies most likely to be impacted by smoke from aft bar port side (which is why I switched out of 1139) however yours are the 10th and 11th balconies away from that location so I would doubt that any smoke from aft bar would reach you there..a bigger concern might be from smoke and/or soot from the ships chimney above:eek:

I don't believe you will be able to open the balcony dividers on the Millie. That is only on the "S" Class ships. The "M" Class ships have different dividers between staterooms, and you cannot open them. From the photo posted, it looks like the dividers for the new cabins are still the same as all "M" Class, and they do not open. :( As for the smoke from the aft bar, you should not be bothered at all. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked for cabin 1139 for next week's sailing, which is the aft most cabin that faces to port.

Does anyone have photos of the actual balconies? I am trying to get an idea as to how big it is (62sqft?) and how the chairs/table are.

We are booked for cabin 1139 for next week's sailing, which is the aft most cabin that faces to port.

Does anyone have photos of the actual balconies? I am trying to get an idea as to how big it is (62sqft?) and how the chairs/table are.

This is 1100 balcony

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32648890&postcount=100

Post #3 above shows a great photo of your balcony and its proximity to the aft bar smoking area..if thats a factor

And post #1above shows the relative size of these side aqua 11 balconies

• 4 months later...

I appreciate the photo. I am booked in March to go 15 nights on infinity and have been angsting over cabins. I prefer the conciege class to be sandwiched between cabin decks but our travel companions booked aqua class. I upgraded a second from deck 9 to 11 to avoid being directly under the pool with the unquestionable noise factor plus large overhang everyone on cruise critic has made clear is a mistake. I could care less about Blu or the fru fru room amenities but unless I get aqua class we cannot dine with the other couple. Your pic gives me hope. I like the little overhang which provides privacy, hopefully noise from below won't be too bad. I am confirned in 11028, three cabins down from the aft lounge.

thanks again!

Foster Smith

Severna Park MD

I appreciate the photo. I am booked in March to go 15 nights on infinity and have been angsting over cabins. I prefer the conciege class to be sandwiched between cabin decks but our travel companions booked aqua class. I upgraded a second from deck 9 to 11 to avoid being directly under the pool with the unquestionable noise factor plus large overhang everyone on cruise critic has made clear is a mistake. I could care less about Blu or the fru fru room amenities but unless I get aqua class we cannot dine with the other couple. Your pic gives me hope. I like the little overhang which provides privacy, hopefully noise from below won't be too bad. I am confirned in 11028, three cabins down from the aft lounge.

thanks again!

Foster Smith

Severna Park MD

We were in 1128 on the Summit on our recent cruise..and LOVED it.. ( smaller balcony than we are used to..but the location and newly constructed cabin more than make up for it..and don't undestimate the value of Blu..one nite's dinner with non-aqua travel companions...and I NEVER SET FOOT IN THE MDR :eek:AGAIN!:rolleyes:

Archived